NEW install Phoenix III SSD and slow speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW install Phoenix III SSD and slow speed

I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit and installed all the updates for bios , drivers and OS.

I have a Phoenix III SSD 120 Gig and it is slow.

Verified that SSD is hooked up to SATA III port and it is active and show ATA600

Turned off Hybernation
    I have trim on
    I have Prefetch off
    I have Superfetch off
    Defrag off
    Shut down drive indexing

And this is the speed i'm getting. I have SSD that are Sata II that are faster
    Any suggestions?

Hi,

please make sure that your drive is connected to one of the Intel 6GB/s ports, not the Marvell 6GB/s ports, and Also, CrystalDiskMark uses highly incompressible data to test Read/Write speeds. Will recommend with ATTO software to verify advertised speeds.

Comment

check to make sure ahci is set in bios. also make sure the latest chipset drivers are installed.

Comment

Originally posted by taipan View Post
        check to make sure ahci is set in bios. also make sure the latest chipset drivers are installed.
        Yes these are all set that way from day one.
        The SSD is running fast and flawlessly so I'm not going to update firmware.
        No need. If in the future I need I will try another computer and see what happens.
        Thanks

Comment

I been reading many posts in various forums talking about SSD drive speed, including two complaints in this forum on the Phoenix III's, so I've decided the following might be worth mentioning to new users.

In the past month I have upgraded two machines, one with a SamSung 840 Pro drive in AHCPI mode, and the other with two Phoenix III drives in a RAID 1 array. I have benchmarked both machines.

One benchmark indicates the SamSung 840 Pro is twice as fast as the Phoenix III's, and the other indicates that the Phoenix III's are a little faster than the SamSung.

My conclusion is that I don't know the inner workings of SSD's well enough to understand exactly what technical attributes of the drives I am benchmarking, so I don't trust either benchmark.

The bottom line is that I have two machines with different brands and models of drives and both machines are very, very, fast now. I am quite satisfied with both of them.

If I were you, I wouldn't concern myself as much with drive speed, as I would with other important factors, such as whether the drive supports Trim, whether it supports RAID, if you're so inclined, and is there an application included to update the firmware. Finally, and probably most significant, what's the price compared to capacity.

Thanks, G Skill, for the Phoenix III's. I'm very happy I got them.

Comment

fchateau,

Thank you for the post purchase information. It should be very useful to potential buyers as those are common ideas people wonder about. Glad to hear everything is working well!

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X