• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I post one picture after erase with Parted Magic

Last edited by Ranxerox; 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.

Did you experience a performance improvement? There are many softwares out there to securely erase SSD, but we are not interested in the secure erase per se. Our interests lie on the performance improvement. For example, Acronis true image also provides "Acronis DriveCleanser" so that we can securely erase out hard drives. But, many users reported that this tool does not improve SSD performances.

My crystaldisk marks are way worse than yours. I erased my SSD using Parted Magic.

Comment

How do I put this... Yes... you are looking for a program to secure erase. It resets the NANDS. Think of it like a reset switch for your SSD. It doesn't matter which program you use to secure erase, so long as it will actually work. Parted Magic is the only program that works for me, but if HDDErase had worked, I wouldn't have bothered looking for another program. Parted Magic happens to be more recent, and therefore probably has more up to date methods and drivers to successfully erase/reset the drive.

So, if you notice the speeds on your drive slowing down, a secure erase would be the route to go to get initial performance back.

In my case, my write speed for some reason or another dropped almost in half. I was getting 140MB/s in CrystalDisk, but then it was only getting 80MB/s. After the erase/reset, I was getting 140MB/s, back to original/initial performance.
        ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

I see...so you did experience a performance improvement after you used Parted Magic.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Maybe my laptop just sucks...Using my laptop, 130mb/s may be the max read speed...

Comment

Originally posted by rangernoh View Post
            I see...so you did experience a performance improvement after you used Parted Magic.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Maybe my laptop just sucks...Using my laptop, 130mb/s may be the max read speed...
            Your laptop may only have SataI which would be 150 theoretical max.

Comment

Your laptop may only have SataI which would be 150 theoretical max.
              Yes. That's what I thought...I'll test the performance after I receive my new laptop. I'll post the results after that.

Comment

Working...
              X