Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello All...i have some prob with boot/volume...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All...i have some prob with boot/volume...!

Hello All...!

I have a Falcon 128Gb with new f/w and noticed a problem...!

My computer OS boot is located on my HD and have FALCON as another volume...only to backup for now...!

I installed Falcon yesterday and upgraded to new firmware...OK...! I did format and made this to work as new volume...OK...! I did backup with some files...OK...!

I did boot a couple times yesterday with no issues...normal..!

Today i did boot and voil?...! "Insert OS Disk On Drive, and Press Enter" message appears...!

Boot again and nothinfg...again, again...and decided to pull off Falcon drive...and voil?...my OS was back again...!

OK...saw my emails...and turned off my computer to conect my Falcon on...and voil?...it comes back to normal usage...! Did a re-boot with no issues...!

Its a bug...? Some registry fix...?

I am using Windows XP Pro...!

Thanx...!

Obs.: -On HD Tune 2.55 my average result is ~200Mb and acc. time ~0.1ms
    Last edited by MK123; 08-18-2010, 07:28 AM.

Your problem is rather easy to fix man. You have to set the primary boot drive in BIOS because the new falcon you're connecting is being forced to be the primary drive (which doesn't have the OS on it). Just keep narrowing your options in BIOS, select (what you believe) is the right drive to boot with and your worries will be gone. Make sure to press f10 to save changes in BIOS. I may be misreading you man.. are the volumes PARTITIONED on the same drive you're having problems with? like... is the falcon 128gb drive your OS drive? I hope i'm right assuming the drive you remove and put back in is the drive without the boot files for windows on it?
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.99 Ghz 1.38V
    ASRock x370 Taichi v2.0 BIOS
    16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 @14-14-14-34-75 TRC-312 TRFC - 1T
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
    EVGA G2 750W
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, 2x Intel 530 120GB, 1x Seagate 1TB

Intel s1155 2600K proc
    ASUS Maximus 4 extreme motherboard
    4x2GB GSkillF3-17000CL9D-4GBXL @ 2133 9-11-9-28-2T
    ASUS Geforce GTX 580 DCII @ 900/1800/4008/1.1V
    SeaSonic X-760 PSU
    G.Skill phoenix 120GB SSD