Windows 7 disabling SSD services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 disabling SSD services

Windows 7 detects my SSD but does not automatically disable services such as automatic defragmentation, Superfetch etc and I still have to manually disable them myself...I thought Windows 7 was supposed to disable certain features if it detects an SSD...anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?...I'm using FW 1571

Using FW v1819 and had the same issue, you will still need to manually tweak your drive. I think the whole Win-7 automatically does it was born from the beta testers stated they would add it in after the release candidate.
    CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
    MB ASUS P6X58D-E
    GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
    RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
    PSU Corsair AX 850W
    SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
    HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
    CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
    GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
    RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
    SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

well... win 7 has disabled defrag and enabled trim ( with 1819) but it won't disable all the things that are written in the tweak guide.

Comment

it's good to know that 1819 disables automatic defragmentation...out of all the tweaks, that one is the most important in my opinion in terms of potentially degrading the performance of your SSD over time...I don't use all the tweaks listed in the tweak guide but only 3-4 of them which I feel are most beneficial

Comment

well i just updated to 1819 i am in raid0 2x 64gb falcons and i still had to do all my tweaks defrag was still on that and why can't we get an answer if ITGC is working or no

Comment

My defrag was turned off automatically (AHCI mode)
            I dont think Win will do it if its in RAID config

Comment

um if it did it for ahci then it should do it for raid there the same drivers just different features of those drivers . I could be wrong?

Comment

does it also automatically disable Defrag if running in non-AHCI mode (IDE)?

Comment

yes it does...

Comment

Working...
                  X