No announcement yet.

1819 information please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what all the ocz guys were reporting with their vertex. What did you expect?

Comment

I guess the question is does BGGC works..??? Especially for us Mac-Heads....

Also, How to install this new firmware on a mac..???

Comment

Well on a mac you would obviously have to copy the mac partition (and any bootcamp partitions) to another disk, remove the SSD from the mac, plug it into a PC and run the update. Then reinstall the SSD to your mac, boot off the backup hdd, clone your data back onto the SSD and you're done

Comment

Considering that I have no PC's to do that...... ?

1: Can a boot CD be made?
          2: Can this be done from a usb caddy?

I have no Win PC's running SATA, only a laptop with Vista and a linux box with SATA.

Comment

Originally posted by sphornby View Post
            Ive already done the firmware upgrade and had excellent results!

Single drive.
            EDIT: I will say this, I updated from an OS installed in AHCI mode. Also, I had to run both the "Upgrade_AP" and "devcon" files as administrator before the program recognised the drive.
            would you explain to us how you did boot from the ssd with the jumper on ? or did you have to install windows on another disk .

the guide from GSkill is rather weird, it says install the jumper and boot .. mine won't boot with the jumper on and I think it's normal no ?
            Last edited by sirius69; 11-04-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCaedus View Post
              This is what all the ocz guys were reporting with their vertex. What did you expect?
              Due to the delay, let's say... not the same trouble?

Comment

anyone else experiencing performance issues?...I havn't installed the new firmware as of yet as I want to read about more people's experiences with the new firmware before taking a chance

Originally posted by sirius69 View Post
                would you explain to us how you did boot from the ssd with the jumper on ? or did you have to install windows on another disk .

the guide from GSkill is rather weird, it says install the jumper and boot .. mine won't boot with the jumper on and I think it's normal no ?
                you need to have another hard drive installed in your system...load the firmware program on that 2nd drive and then switch to the SSD at the prompt

Comment

i have another hard drive and the firmware update is on it, but how to boot the system with the jumper on ?

Comment

after reading a bit more it seem like we need another OS installed on another HD to be able to boot and flash right ?

Comment

Originally posted by sirius69 View Post
                      i have another hard drive and the firmware update is on it, but how to boot the system with the jumper on ?
                      disconnect your SSD from your system...put the jumper on the SSD...load up your 2nd hard drive with Windows already installed on it...run the firmware program from the 2nd drive...wait until you see the message about plugging in your SSD...then while the 2nd drive is still plugged in you then re-connect your SSD (with jumper)...you need to have a SATA cable which allows you to plug in more then 1 drive at the same time...you then let the firmware flash begin
                      Last edited by Titus; 11-04-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

now, it's clear...thanks !

Comment

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...6#post11101576

One of the posts on that page has benchmark results

Comment

Originally posted by Phunky View Post
                            http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...6#post11101576

One of the posts on that page has benchmark results
                            About a 10% performance hit for automatic maintenance could be worth it

Comment

I havnt performed any benchmarks but I did on previous firmwares, however the system DOES FEEL more snappier than before the update.

You can wave benchmarks around all day but in real world use, they only serve to prove whose numbers are bigger than others :P

I say run the update and see for yourself how much of a "performance hit" you get, because without benchmarks, I seriously doubt you'd notice.

All I can say is that for me, using my machine, it appears faster. I'll do a benchmark if you guys want me to :P

Comment

But is Garbage Collection enabled.....???????

Comment

Working...
                                X