Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R and F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Hi,
    I have this configuration for 6 year now and I'm experiencing more and more freezing of my PC most of the time within the 2 to 5 first minutes when I start it.
    I did look on windows 7 for a while, but stop looking there when I experience the same freezes when I was on BIOS or running on prompt a MEMETEST86.
    Now I have some doubt on the parameters used on the BIOS.
    Timmings are set up manually as : 4-4-4-12, but voltage is set at 2.100V... which is not matching G.Skill recommendations. I'm surprised for this, but as this configuration has been done by the shop where I purchase the computer (Materiel.net in france), I nerver look to the parameters...
    I also read on the web that G.Skill RAM can be set above the redommended ones at 2.1V...
    This is whuy I prefer to ask directly to the manufacturer and based on the mother board, what would be your recommendations?
    May I also asked you as well what other parameter should be set for this mother board?

In the same time I had since yesterday decrease the voltage to 1.800V, but I need to test the PC for few days, becasue the problem only occurs when power on and also randomly...
    Thanks a lot in davnce for your advices.
    Alch

Test one module at a time to see if the issue occurs with a single stick.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I will check that. As I wrote, I'm testing the new 1.8V instead of 2.1V since few days. I don't want to say it is the solution too early, but up to now and following 5 or 6 power up, the issue has not come back...!
      I will keep you update.

Comment

Just a quick update which can help other in the same cases. Following the adjustment of the voltage from 2.100V to 1.8V I never get the problem again!!!
        I also have to admit that just before doing this adjustment I had remove both RAM and set them on the mother board again... So not sure 100% if this comes only from the voltage adjustment... I need to do the test to go bacl to 2.10V and see if the problem occur again, but I have to admit that I'm so happy to see my PC working normally again that I don't want to "play" with the BIOS again...

Comment

Working...
        X