X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill Trident X2666MHZ 11 13 13 35

Hello friend,s

I need help

i want to oc my RAM maximum.i have Asus Z97 Pro Gamer board and i7 4790K board..Can any one help me.

Regards

Any issues with XMP settings? How is it set up right now?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      any issues with xmp settings? How is it set up right now?
      [ATTACH]813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]816[/ATTACH]

Comment

So you are at basically at vanilla XMP settings right now? I don't know how well your MB handles the memory training for the tertiary timings, but there might be some/lots of room for optimization in them.

Otherwise with relaxed timings you should be able to hit 2800/2933 no problem. Usually it does not take that much Vdimm to do 2800/2933+ 12-14-14 with a decent Hynix based kit - sometimes less then 1.65V even. If you want to keep CL11 that takes (a lot) more voltage in comparison to CL12 for a certain frequency.

Scaling with frequency at a given voltages usually resolves like is

11-13-13-
        11-14-13
        12-14-13
        12-14-14
        12-15-14

and so on, with tRCD and tRP not being influenced by Vdimm much. However CL should scale with higher volts. The difference in volts for moving from CL11 to CL10 or CL12 to CL11 can be quite large at high frequencies, though.

Properly configures manual timings at DDR3-2800 should give you around 40K+ in Aida64 Read/Write.

Comment

How i configure these settings in bios...this is the issue i don,t know...here i need HELP

Comment

To manually configure the timings go to DRAM timing control in your 2nd screenshot.

Comment

To manually configure the timings go to DRAM timing control in your 2nd screenshot.
              11-13-13-
              11-14-13
              12-14-13
              12-14-14
              12-15-14

These i put there???

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	128862

its look like this here i put those values?

Comment

Yes, these are the primary timings i was referring to. To maximise performance you would however also have to manually tweak the secondary and especially the tertiary timings afterwards. That will take quite some time and even more so if you have no experience with it. However there is no universal shortcut for the process, so it'll be lots of small steps, trial & error. Make proper saves of your settings within the UEFI and don't use the slots in the CMOS, but save them to USB, so that you don't lose them if you have to eventually clear the CMOS.

You can try to use this as a reference, step by step closing in on these timings:

Comment

Thanks a lot..

Tell me one thing more.... When XMP profile enable then i should select there 2800 or 2933 or leave it at 2666mhz?and put these values in DRAM timing?

Comment

On ASUS i think you can still change any setting while the XMP is enabled, so with that you would reuse any value from the XMP you are not entering manually. The secondary timings in the XMP usually are pretty conservative, so they should be good for 2800/2933 with maybe a slight adjustment of tRFC (you might need to raise it a bit).

Comment

On ASUS i think you can still change any setting while the XMP is enabled, so with that you would reuse any value from the XMP you are not entering manually. The secondary timings in the XMP usually are pretty conservative, so they should be good for 2800/2933 with maybe a slight adjustment of tRFC (you might need to raise it a bit).
                        means to say when put these values

11-13-13-
                        11-14-13
                        12-14-13
                        12-14-14
                        12-15-14

Then in XMP profile Ram should be set at 2666mhz or 2800?

Comment

At DDR3-2666 / XMP you should have no issues with 11-13-13 since that is what your memory is rated for. If you raise the memory frequency you will eventually have to start raising the timings as well, that list is the order in which one would normally raise them from general scaling knowledge about the ICs used on your kit.

Comment

At DDR3-2666 / XMP you should have no issues with 11-13-13 since that is what your memory is rated for. If you raise the memory frequency you will eventually have to start raising the timings as well, that list is the order in which one would normally raise them from general scaling knowledge about the ICs used on your kit.
                            So its means i should not use XMP profile manually put those values and check?

Comment

If you just want to use your memory at XMP settings, then do so. My explanation was meant on how to overclock it further, since you said you wanted to OC it to the max.

Comment

Working...
                              X