Ripjaw V in z170a Krait 6700k flickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaw V in z170a Krait 6700k flickers

Im new in oclocking rams and i have problem in oclocking my ram i use F4-3200c16D-8GVkB 8gb kit 2x 4gb ram when i enable xmp on msi z170 krait it overclock to 3200mhz and my screen flickers and turn my monitor screen in black randomly and while playing it tears the graphic of my gameplay and while im on boot up screen there are white horizontal lines appearing i though at first it was a mobo problem and i return my newly both mobo to the retailer and they replace my mobo but the issue still occuring here is my specs

-z170a msi krait
    -F4-3200c16D-8GVkB 8gb kit 2x 4gb
    -650 vs corsair psu
    -120v seidon cpu cooler
    -onboard video
    -hdmi monitor

i already tried updating my bios to a6 latest update and even tried downgrading my bios but the problem still exist help please .

I had a similar issue with another MB and different memory. The source for the problem was the system voltages were to high if left on AUTO. Once i manually adjusted and toned down the offsets for VCCSA and VCCIO a bit, the flickering on the onboard HDMI was gone.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      I had a similar issue with another MB and different memory. The source for the problem was the system voltages were to high if left on AUTO. Once i manually adjusted and toned down the offsets for VCCSA and VCCIO a bit, the flickering on the onboard HDMI was gone.
      i cant see the VCCSA and VCCIO on my bios my base ram frequency is 2133mhz and i can raise it to 2400mhz without a problem but when i raise it higher than 2400mhz it flickers and randomly turns my monitor to black here is what my bios looks like cant see the vccsa and vccio and dunno how much to put on them.

this one was fine 2400mhz.

this one flickers :[ 3200mhz.

Comment

VCCSA = CPU SA Voltage
        VCCIO = CPU IO Voltage

My ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene did fine until DDR4-3000, from that ratio onwards i had to manually adjust both voltages. This should not actually be an issue at DDR4-2400, but you can try to fix both voltages to normal or with a +/-0.00 offset. When going higher with memory clock you will have to eventually raise them a bit, that point and the amount is different for every CPU though.

Edit: Did you try to enable the XMP at all? My recommendation would be to not set the memory ratio manually unless you also want to adjust all primary and secondary timings, but instead enable the XMP and then just manually adjust VCCSA/VCCIO.

Comment

VCCSA = CPU SA Voltage
          VCCIO = CPU IO Voltage

My ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene did fine until DDR4-3000, from that ratio onwards i had to manually adjust both voltages. This should not actually be an issue at DDR4-2400, but you can try to fix both voltages to normal or with a +/-0.00 offset. When going higher with memory clock you will have to eventually raise them a bit, that point and the amount is different for every CPU though.

Edit: Did you try to enable the XMP at all? My recommendation would be to not set the memory ratio manually unless you also want to adjust all primary and secondary timings, but instead enable the XMP and then just manually adjust VCCSA/VCCIO.
          yes i have tried just enabling the xmp but it is just same as manual configuration that i did both flickers . so to fix this issue i just need to adjust the vccsa and vccio but how much ? can adjusting this setting kill my cpu or ram .

Comment

Work up 0.05V at a time to see if it improves stability.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Work up 0.05V at a time to see if it improves stability.
              so i will add to 0.05 to my current setting?
              from cpu sa = 1.328 and cpu io = 1.200v

like this??

cpu sa = 1.37
              cpu io = 1.250

Comment

Those values are way too high and probably the cause for your problems.

Just apply a small 50mV offset like we suggested and then work your way up till the system is fully stable. You probably won't need more than 150mV, but the actual value is different from one CPU to another.

Comment

Those values are way too high and probably the cause for your problems.

Just apply a small 50mV offset like we suggested and then work your way up till the system is fully stable. You probably won't need more than 150mV, but the actual value is different from one CPU to another.
                  so my 3200mhz io and sa should start with 0.05v
                  like this
                  cpu sa = 0.05v
                  cpu io = 0.05v

does under voltage kill my cpu sorry im noob

can i just copy the cpu sa and io of the 2400mhz to my 3200mhz config because the one that is in the 2400mhz config is stable on 2400mhz

Comment

Yes, if it is set to offset. Offset means it is the additional amount on top of the default value

Under voltage does not kill CPU, but a little too low the system can be unstable, and much too low the system will not work at all.

Copying does not work, the SA Voltage for 2400 is much lower than for 3200

Comment

Working...
                    X