Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPUZ reports 800 with same timings as yours. Or close to it, 9-9-9-25-2T 1.5 volt

Comment

I can't get my Eco kit working at 1.35V or it will just say overclocking failed. If I put it at 1.5V it works normal... is it because of the memory controller in my 1090T?

Comment

cpuz will report the actual speed your ram is running at. Because ram nowdays are DDR the memory controller can actually handle twice the information being sent, hence double data rate. cpuz reports my ram @ 1000 which is what i overclocked my FSB to run at 2000Mhz 9-9-9-24.

Comment

Intel has limitations also. AMD pioneered this so there of course were issues that showed later same P4 netburst you have this happen.

Now the fact is any MC has limits on speed and the more load (dimms) the more work the MC does so lower speed is a result. Now speed is a bad word I guess. MHZ or clock cycles. THe real deal is lower latency can counter high mhz. DDR showed this when ddr2 came out and ddr2 shows this with ddr3. Throughput is latency x bandwidth. A lower latency lower mhz can be faster then higher mhz high latency. Hope that makes sense its not easy to put in words.

So while the limits are diff with intel they are there. I read "The highest official memory speed of the Core i7 is DDR3/1066." One thing I know is amd like low latency so if you choose between mhz or latency go with lower mhz and lower latency. Example there isnt much diff between this 5-5-5-15 ddr2 1066 and 4-4-4-12 ddr2 800. Look at alot of low volt ddr2 800 vs 1066 and you see timings go up.

Ill take one step slower mhz and lot lower latency over higher mhz (bandwidth) and higher latency (lag) for amd phenom II. In fact if I remember right a64 was the same. Dont forget amd proved the IPC was what counted not mhz (intel p4 amd xp). With ram the same thing throughput vs mhz.
          Last edited by xtreeme; 08-05-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Need tech help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after doing research for about a week,Idecided to place an order on newegg.
            But then after everything went through, I noticed the Gskill ram i got was for a phenon II X6..so here is the setup i bought..

Item List: Item Number: Item Description: Quantity: Price:
            N82E16820231371 MEM 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBFLS 1 159.99
            N82E16819103808 CPU AMD|PH II X4 955 AM3 RT 1 154.99
            N82E16813131644 MB ASUS| CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA 890FX 1 229.99

Now i wonder..Is the computer even going to boot?

Comment

Yes, but with that CPU it will require some tweaking to reach that memory specification. Raising the CPU-NB Voltage for example would be minimum.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Can u lead me along the tweaks to get it on 2000mhz?I ve got it on 1800 stable now..I have set the latency at 9.9.9.24, dram command rate=2T ..ram voltave is at 1.65, Cpu/NB ive set to 1.25, Cpu is now clocked @3150.

Comment

Great, simply keep going up on CPU-NB voltage and frequency. You will hit a peak due to CPU.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried going higher on the voltages but didnt have it stable..yhese is as good as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
                      Can u lead me along the tweaks to get it on 2000mhz?I ve got it on 1800 stable now..I have set the latency at 9.9.9.24, dram command rate=2T ..ram voltave is at 1.65, Cpu/NB ive set to 1.25, Cpu is now clocked @3150.
                      You will not get 2000Mhz running with a deneb cpu. You need to go Thuban for that.
                      AMD 1090T BE @ 4050Mhz 1.375vcore, Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 F3 BIOS, GSkill Flare 2x2Gb 1.65v F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS 7-9-7-24-1T @ 2000Mhz, GSkill Phoenix Pro 120Gb SSD, 2 x Gigabyte HD6870 xfired.

Comment

I know that now.Im not gonna get a thuban as performance is not that much better..I rather wait for the bulldozer

Comment

After six weeks of frustration I find this thread!

I've got a Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 board with a Phenom II X6 1055T processor, and some F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2GB x 2) DDR3 in it, and for the life of me I cannot get it stable. Gigabyte haven't been any help.

Could someone please walk this old n00b step-by-step through what (with detailed 'where') I'm supposed to change in the BIOS to make this combination of bits stable? The answers I've seen so far here (and in this thread) don't make enough sense.

Comment

From AMD's own perfomance tuning guide "Dragon' System (Note, this is for black edition chips only and please pay attention to AMD's disclaimer), found at:

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/AM...ning_Guide.pdf

CPU NorthBridge Performance Tuning

The CPU NorthBridge (CPU NB) clock speed determines the efficiency and bandwidth capacity of the Memory
                            controller. L3 cache runs at this frequency as well. CPU NB performance tuning gives a measurable boost for
                            overall system performance. In particular it can reduce the Memory latency and improve L3 cache bandwidth
                            and latency. In some scenarios the CPU NB should be tuned in order to take the full advantage of overclocked
                            Memory frequency and bandwidth. In general the CPU NB clock should be at least three times the Memory
                            clock (example in case of DDR3-1600: 3 x 800MHz = 2400MHz NB clock).

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES CAUSED
                            BY RUNNING COMPONENTS OUTSIDE OF SPECIFICATION INCLUDING DAMAGES CAUSED BY
                            OVERCLOCKING (EVEN WHEN OVERCLOCKING IS ENABLED WITH THE AMD OVERDRIVE
                            UTILITY).
                            Thus, AM3 native 1333 support is fine with a NB frequency of 2000 MHz; 1600 MHz dimms, which is considered an overclock , should have [at least] 2400 MHz (which also is why some admins here propose the small voltage increase).

Again, this is only for black edition chips and be aware , changing voltages/frequencies is as such, not officially warrantied by AMD.

Hope this helps some issues.

ADDENDUM: Important!

Please be aware that cheaper motherboards , but even generally, the northbridge holds quite high temperatures, especially when stock cooling and stock thermal insulation material is used. Most users will not be aware of this and thus can be in danger of damaging or losing warranty on compinents due to NB alterations. This is why , one should stick to 1333 sticks (I did) to systems unless you really know the *how's* and *why's* for getting 1600 MHz ram. Please keep this in mind.
                            Last edited by solar; 01-09-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

There is a difference between the cpu-nb and the motherboard nb. Which are you talking about?
                              It seems (from your post) that you may be confusing the two.
                              AMD 1090T BE @ 4050Mhz 1.375vcore, Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 F3 BIOS, GSkill Flare 2x2Gb 1.65v F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS 7-9-7-24-1T @ 2000Mhz, GSkill Phoenix Pro 120Gb SSD, 2 x Gigabyte HD6870 xfired.

Comment

Definitely a difference NB is the chipset on the mobo....CPU-NB is the voltage to the IMC in the CPU for operations, there's a decent article that touches on this subject and the Phenom II OCing here:

http://www.techreaction.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X