G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ settings for Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ settings for Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

I bought 2 sets of used F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ (2GBx4, total 8GB) DDR2 PC6400 to upgrade my RAM. Testing with 2 sticks for a trial run. As the memory settings were in AUTO, it gave me blue screens and freezes up after windows 7 boot up and started dumping physical memory

I set it to manual but I'm not sure how to configure the values in the advance setting for the TIMING. Please see the attached screenshots and guide me through the settings for . Thanks for your help.

My processor is AMD Phenom Quad-core 9750 Agena 125W. Not sure if any settings for the CPU needs to be tweaked as well. I had searched GOOGLE all over and found no luck.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Change Trfc DIMM 3 and 4 to 127.5ns

Everything else looks fine.

Comment

I had tried that earlier, it's doing the same, certain software cannot run, windows freezes, and then blue screen. When I reboot, it wouldn't even post, and had to reset CMOS BIOS settings.

Any other suggestion?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Comment

I do, F13 is the latest that was loaded to support AM2+ Phenom chipset.
          I remember a few years ago I tried anything above that, my motherboard was bricked and had to sent back to Gigabyte for RMA. Since then, F13 update was loaded (BIOS LINK)

I also set precharge time to 4T instead of 2T and it just hangs (didn't freeze) at Windows 7 booting logo and stopped loading.

Comment

Maybe try the 4GBNT model to see if it works betteR?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-207-_-Product

Comment

Working...
            X