Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from Newegg can be a nightmare

December 29th - I ordered

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
    https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Pro...82E16820232205

Chose World EggSaver Standard (4-7 Business Days) for the delivery method.

Newegg chose to send it by DHL Ecommerce.

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?...4239&locale=en

January 6th - Last tracking update placed it in Melbourne Customs.

January 10th - Not seeing any further updates I contacted DHL who referred me to the customs broker DAI Post who upon me contacting them lodged a query with Melbourne Customs.

January 12th - I got the following reply from Dai Post

"This is to provide you an update on your enquiry. The clearance facility has advised that they have not physically received your parcel that their tracking record suggests it did not arrive with the cargo load it was allocated to. The parcel is currently reported as short shipped.

The tracking shows that the shipment arrived on the 6th of January as the cargo where your parcel is supposed to be in arrived that day and the system automatically updated the milestone of the parcel. It turns out that your parcel was included in the cargo when each parcel in it was checked one by one against the list of parcels that was supposed to arrive.

The parcel could have been included into a different cargo which was not reported to us so as much as I would like to assist you further, at this point you may need to lodge an enquiry to your supplier for them to investigate on their side as well."

I contacted Newegg through live chat and lodged a replacement claim to which they refused to give me a time frame that replacement would be sent or by what method.

January 15th - I phoned Newegg and was told the claim would take 7 days to process.

January 16th - I contacted Newegg by live chat to ensure DHL Ecommerce would not be handling the shipment of the replacement to which they replied the shipping is automatically assigned and that the claim would take 7 -10 business days to process.

January 18th - Was basically told that the claim will not be acted on till the 26th of January.

And the saga continues...

Updates

January 18th - Was basically told that the claim will not be acted on till the 26th of January.
    - Lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
    - Cleared Customs

January 20th - Newegg gave me a full refund on shipping costs

January 24th - Finally received ram.
    Last edited by Jagd; 01-23-2018, 08:53 PM. Reason: Updated
Working...
X