does v1.0.28 corrupt the spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does v1.0.28 corrupt the spd

not even previous versions that worked before would detect the ram, asus aura software doesnt work either, tried reseating the ram, using 1 stick, trying ALL the slots, nothing works at all, its just stuck on the rainbow effect

I got excited for earlier updates and installed them right away. I decided to hold off to see if this version was the real deal.

Very glad I waited...
    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
    Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Check to see if SPD Write is enabled in BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Check to see if SPD Write is enabled in BIOS.

how do it enable speed write on my bios?

can you be more specific on Asrock Z270? thanks
        im using Asrock Z270 Extreme4. theres no AI tweaker tab. thats for Asus mobos
        Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
        Asrock Z270 Extreme4
        16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
        Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
        Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
        ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

Please see my post for how i resolved this.

You need to restore your PC, and install a fresh copy of windows then everything will work.

Granted your SPD is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKay View Post
            Please see my post for how i resolved this.

You need to restore your PC, and install a fresh copy of windows then everything will work.

Granted your SPD is ok.
            Having the exact same issue

I hope that's a joke. It's ridiculous that you would have to reinstall windows due to a bad software/driver update from Gskill....

I sure hope Gskill is going to address this

Comment

I wish it was a joke, i had to restore the entire system for a G.skill software.

But at least it works now.

Comment

Potential Fix

I've posted this in some other threads, but I think it is relevant here as well. This fixed the error where the software couldn't find my RAM. I think this solution is Windows 10 specific, because in my case it appears that this issue was actually caused by problems with Windows 10 rather than G.Skill's software.

1. Download the zipped v1.00.28 installation files from the support page (do NOT extract yet)
                2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the zipped folder. Right click on the folder and open up Properties
                3. In the General tab of the Properties window, the last section of the tab is the Attributes section. In here, look for a checkbox that is labeled "Unblock". If such a checkbox is not present, then unfortunately my fix won't work for you. However, if the box is there, check it then click "Apply". Once you've done that, click "Okay" to close the Properties window.
                4. Proceed to extract the files from the zipped folder as you would normally, then install. When I next ran the software, it was able to detect my RAM and I was able to control the LEDs

IMPORTANT NOTES:
                1. As you've probably seen elsewhere, I do not recommend using other LED control software simultaneously with the G.Skill software. I personally am using a Gigabyte board with RGB Fusion, and I can simply open up task manager and force kill the application there before running the G.Skill software to control the RAM. Once I'm done, I can then use task manager to kill the "LightingService" task and then reopen RGB Fusion if I need to.
                2. Unfortunately, one or two of the sticks will forget its setting when the PC powers on after a shutdown or restart. This can be easily resolved by just opening up the G.Skill software and re-applying the settings. Again, if you're using another LED control software package, you should probably kill that process as described above before attempting to reset the RAM lighting.

If anyone else tries this and it works, please confirm so that future forum-goers can hopefully see it as well.

Comment

Working...
                X