Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Slots are marked with a1, a2 ,b1, b2... and the modules are (now) as wanted in the Slots marked with 2 so every 2nd Slot. and as you say the nearest Slot of each side is empty.
    but the 2 new modules worked also in the 1 Slots.

Comment

Originally posted by kuLLe View Post
      I recently updated my Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 to the latest BIOS Version F10. My G.Skill Trident Z DRAM Modules F4-3200C14-8GTZR always worked like a charm on this board, well except the first versions. With the F10 BIOS still Frequency speed @ 3200 so everything fine. Anyhow, when looking into my case I found out that the LEDs of my G.Skills were OFF. Tried a lot of stuff and found that you simply need to power off your computer and cut the power supply for a certain time so the caps will be unloaded as well. I made a coffee so came back around 2 minutes later. Afterwards I had the default rainbow effect again. Nice, thought the new G.Skill v1.00.28 will work now, but nope: „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ error message showed up. Tried a lot of things but nothing could fix it (Deinstall, Reinstall all versions[v1.00.16, v1.00.22], reinstalled windows, deactivated the Logitech Gaming services, …). What really was the issue that the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip file is coming from an unknown source(?) so Windows 10 will not unzip it properly (At least what my thoughts are here). I would guess this guide will work for any other Hardware combinations as the problems seems to be the file handling in windows. So ASUS, MSI, ASRock and other MB vendors should work as well.

My solution:

1) If the modules are completely dark, power off computer, cut power supply for a couple of seconds (To be safe 2 mins?)
      2) Afterwards you should have the rainbow effect again
      3) If the modules are not recognized by the G.SKILL Trident Z Control Software and you get the „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ message do this:
      3a) Uninstall the Software
      3b) Delete the AXSP and the IO folder within the ASUS folder in you programs(x86) folder and the LightingService folder.
      4) Restart your computer
      5) Now download the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip
      6) Do not unzip the files! Right click on the .zip and go to Properties
      7) Now in General check the unblock checkbox. After clicking on it the box is gone and the zip will be trusted.
      8) Now unzip and install. After the restart of the system you hopefully have control of your DRAM’s LEDs again.

Hope that helped.
      I can't thank you enough for this. On my new build using a ASRock Z370 Extreme4 board, I had the default rainbow effect and was having issues getting the program to even run. Followed your instructions and works as expected now. I'll have to remember this for future installs, just to prevent something similar from happening. Thanks again!

Comment

I had v1.00.08 installed previously. I noticed v1.00.28 available, so I downloaded it. When I first tried to uninstall the old version, I was getting error messages. So I used IObit Uninstaller to completely uninstall it. That was successful. Once that was out of the way, I tried installing the new version and now I'm getting another error "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed."

I tried removing the "NeedReboot" flag in the article listed below and that did not help. I'm still getting the same error...

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...lation?t=14764

I've also checked "Unblock" in the properties and tried installing with "Run as administrator".

Again, v1.00.08 worked just fine prior to all of this. Now I'm screwed and have no software installed. Does anyone have a solution to this error?

Comment

I've tried all these steps plus from other forums and it's only temporary, it keeps going back to the same issue!?...This software is horrible, I turn my system on and now I have only one stick in Blue and the rest in rainbow!...Custom settings doesn't even last a week about 2-3 days at max!

Are G.Skill even listening to us? are they going to do an update to fix this issue!? > I'm already to a point I regret getting these RGB rams! I mean what's the point if I can't set them to my custom color theme!
          Last edited by EXILE157; 08-25-2018, 05:02 AM.
          Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

Originally posted by EXILE157 View Post
            I've tried all these steps plus from other forums and it's only temporary, it keeps going back to the same issue!?...This software is horrible, I turn my system on and now I have only one stick in Blue and the rest in rainbow!...Custom settings doesn't even last a week about 2-3 days at max!

Are G.Skill even listening to us? are they going to do an update to fix this issue!? > I'm already to a point I regret getting these RGB rams! I mean what's the point if I can't set them to my custom color theme!
            Please send an email over to techsupport@gskill.com with the following information, and our tech support team would see how we can help you.

1. Memory kit model number
            2. Memory module serial number (below the bar code on the module label sticker)
            3. Software version
            4. Windows OS version (a detailed version number can be found if you go to the "Run" dialog and enter "winver")
            5. Motherboard model number
            6. Motherboard BIOS version

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post

Please send an email over to techsupport@gskill.com with the following information, and our tech support team would see how we can help you.

1. Memory kit model number
              2. Memory module serial number (below the bar code on the module label sticker)
              3. Software version
              4. Windows OS version (a detailed version number can be found if you go to the "Run" dialog and enter "winver")
              5. Motherboard model number
              6. Motherboard BIOS version

Thank you.
              I'm so sorry for the late response, I sold them and moved on with Corsair's Vengeance Pro RGB since and have no issues to this day.
              Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

Working...
              X