Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S910 Microphone too quiet

Greetings,

I have a SR910 headset and the microphone is really quiet even though I have turned it up all the way. I am using Windows 10 Home.

This is the driver info:
    Microsoft
    7/15/2016

Anyone else have the same problem?

The microphone is directional, so please check that the hole on the microphone is pointing towards your mouth. If the mic hole is pointing outwards, then the mic might not be picking up your voice.

Comment

I have been very careful to make sure the notch is pointing towards my mouth.

Comment

Please do double check that all input-device volume (including Windows sound settings and in-game or program volume settings) are all turned up.

Otherwise, feel free to request an RMA replacement with us. Our online RMA request form is at www.gskill.com/en/rma.

Comment

I have confirmed it is a driver (conflict?) issue. I'd suggest uninstalling the driver, unplugging the headphones, uninstalling your motherboard audio driver (i.e. Realtek). Plugging in the headphones again but into a different usb port. Once it has finished installing then go to your audio settings->recording->properties->levels I set mine to 95%. Once that is done you can reinstall your motherboard audio driver (i.e. Realtek). I'm not saying that is the fastest way to solve the problem but it worked for me. My microphone is working again and that makes me very happy. GSKILL made a nice set of headphones--they have a much fuller sound than my Sennheiser HD515's. And now I don't have to use my webcam microphone for video calls or gaming. Now I just need to add some thick foam to the headband to keep the headphones from dragging my ears down and I'll really be in business!

Comment

Well, it happened again. This time I just unplugged it and plugged it into a different usb port . . . and it worked. Sometimes simple is best.

Comment

Working...
            X