128GB GSKILL DDR4-3000 with Sabertooth X99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128GB GSKILL DDR4-3000 with Sabertooth X99

Before my attempt many people told me this is impossible. Quoting from Intel's ARK website claiming that Haswell-E series can only support up to 64GB of RAM. However there are already evidence that this can be done.

So first here is today's focus. GSKill DDR4-3000 128GB quad channel kit specifically for X99 platform.

Now takes out the old ADATA rams

And put in new GSKILL rams!

Fitment is awesome with Noctua D15. GSKILL did a great job for the heatsink height.

After clearing up CMOS memory. I powered on the PC. Works right off the bat! 128GB all recognized!

It was even stable at DDR4-3200 with 100BCLK!!!!

In the end for stability I chose to go with XMP settings.

I am very satisfied with the result!!

I have been using GSKILL memory for a long time. Ever since my first set of DDR2-1000. Those GSKILL DDR2 sets served me well for 8 yrs until I replaced my old QX9650 with 5820K. Over the years I only use GSKILL ram for my laptop and HTPC. As a matter of fact this ADATA DDR4 set was the first time ever I didn't use GSKILL product. Needless to say GSKILL is top notch comparing with other brands.

Comment

Brilliant work mate. That is a great price at newegg as well. From a quick search at this time it seems to be cheaper to get 1 pack of 128gb than 2 packs of 64gb! Pity it's out of stock.

At 3200 I wonder how much OC you can get out of the CPU though. Very interesting!

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
        X