Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX780 Mouse software

Hello.
    I just updated to the latest software (v1.01), and I can no longer make a macro that simulates "ALT + TAB" (ALT key down, then press and release the TAB key, then release ALT key).
    On the old v0.78 software this macro works correctly (switches to last used window in Windows 7).

Can anyone confirm/help?

We just tested this out, and can confirm the Alt key isn't activating (both left and right Alt).

We'll have our software team check out the problem and release a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      We just tested this out, and can confirm the Alt key isn't activating (both left and right Alt).

We'll have our software team check out the problem and release a patch.
      I was satisfied with the mx780 when I just bought it last week.
      Later I found out about the macro bug, tech support told me that this is a known issue of the current software.
      I'm disappointed cause I can't play games with the side buttons configured with hotkeys like I used to.
      And now I'm really disappointed because it's been 9 months since the last software release with a known bug.

Let's read the claims from your website:
      "Enable countless customizability with 8 fully programmable buttons..."

"Unlock the limits to customization and grants you complete control over macros, key function programming... for full personalization."

"For the ultimate gaming experience..."

What a joke!!

Last edited by mxyzptlk; 11-09-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Issue also applies to Ctrl and Shift keys

The issue seems to also apply to macros that include Shift or Ctrl keys. Neither key appears to be activating when called by the macro.

Comment

ETA for update or alternative

Hey so, any ETA on when the software might be updated?

Or is there a way to flash to the earlier software that didn't have this issue? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the earlier software but everything was jacked up. Maybe there's a correct way to do this that will work?

Comment

Originally posted by MacroMalfunction View Post
            ETA for update or alternative

Hey so, any ETA on when the software might be updated?

Or is there a way to flash to the earlier software that didn't have this issue? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the earlier software but everything was jacked up. Maybe there's a correct way to do this that will work?
            Don't think they are going to fix it. Try Logitech G403, it's way better.

Comment

Originally posted by mxyzptlk View Post

Don't think they are going to fix it. Try Logitech G403, it's way better.
              Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, my situation requires an ambidextrous mouse with a lot of programmable buttons.

I ended up holding out for an update until the last day I could return the MX780, ultimately exchanging it for a Razer Ouroboros which I'm quite happy with. But generally speaking, this whole affair was very disappointing since, at least on the surface, it seems like it would have been such an easy thing to fix. Judging by some other posts, it sounds like this wasn't even a problem until the last update.

Comment

Working...
              X