Availability of Flare X 3200 over 16 GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of Flare X 3200 over 16 GB

I have seen that some stores are already offering the new Flare X memory for AM4, some have it in stock and others say "coming soon". However, nobody is listing the Flare X 3200 16x4 kit that offers 64 GB, just the 8x2 kit. I'm interested in getting at least 32 GB of RAM, so I would like to know if this memory kit is going to be available anytime soon, or it will arrive later.

Also, why not offer a 16x2 kit at 3200 Mhz? On the G.Skill announcement it only offers 8x2, 8x4 and 16x4?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bLord; 03-17-2017, 01:59 AM.

Motherboards can not support it yet, updates are necessary to better support 16GB modules and even more so for high frequency 3200.

More kits will be available, but right now we only release what motherboards can support, otherwise we will get a bunch of bad reviews because people think the RAM is bad but really the motherboard is not capable.

Comment

The Crosshair VI Hero QVL lists with 4 DIMMs...

F4-3200C16Q-32GFX
      F4-3200C16Q-32GFXR

So hopefully other boards will list it soon. I happen to own a C6H and am waiting for these to hit retail.

Comment

I also have a C6H and I'm still waiting for these kits, so any ETA about them? Weeks? Months? I need to purchase memory and I must take a decision. If these kits are going to be delayed for months I would like to know.

Comment

Not months, very soon in upcoming weeks.

Comment

Thanks! I'll have to find a way to get some provisional memory sticks while this Flare X is released. By the way, as I asked on the original post, aren't you planning a 16x2 GB at 3200 Mhz? I find it very strange to see 8x2, 8x4 and 16x4.

Comment

I think I got it... if i wanna go with one that has not 8 but not 4 SATA and is good enough for the use i make games and some multimedia stuff some montage B350 asus prime is enough.I like that bios too... all this luxury for me is totally new stuff....
              Is it going to accept 3200 Flare X... one day? (CL14) - which launch price is crazy... 180 dollars \ 240 euros in some places... 1 week and is gonna go down ... at least 20 euro.
              Vengeance corsair 14 CL 3200 are at 160 Euro so... gotta go down on the price .. TAIPEI!
              Last edited by Kindwoman; 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Any update on when this RAM will show up at retail?

Comment

Originally posted by bLord View Post
                  Thanks! I'll have to find a way to get some provisional memory sticks while this Flare X is released. By the way, as I asked on the original post, aren't you planning a 16x2 GB at 3200 Mhz? I find it very strange to see 8x2, 8x4 and 16x4.
                  I'm sure 16x2GB kits will be available as they've done with other releases. We'll find out soon probably with the possible AMD update coming in May when more info is released on registers etc. It makes no sense releasing memory in the wild not knowing how the update is going to fare.

Originally posted by PeZzy View Post
                  Any update on when this RAM will show up at retail?
                  I would say a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks - if anything it would be closer to the end of this month as data is just now being released to memory manufacturers. Either way, we're dealing with G.Skill - it's well worth the wait!

Comment

I am waiting for the rumored 3200 mhz 64 gb kit as well. My Ryzen build is waiting for it actually which makes me pretty sad. I just can't bring myself to settle for 2400 if a 3200 version might be available.

I just hope it wasn't an advertising error. It would be amazing if there was some official word on them...
                    Last edited by Murbella; 04-24-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I think we will see this kit once the May update of AGESA is released to motherboard makers, so hopefully next month.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                        Not months, very soon in upcoming weeks.
                        It looks like AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS are flooding right now, any news about the 32 GB / 64 GB kits of Flare X 3200? When are they going to be available?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X