new Km780rgb lights up but won't install/keys won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Km780rgb lights up but won't install/keys won't work

My PC just won't detect the keyboard to install the software needed to make the keys respond.
    I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and it's up to date. USB drivers are up to date as well.

Once or twice a message popped up that it was detected and searching for install software but it instantly disappeared.

I've tried multiple USB ports.

I don't know if this is related to the problem but my PC won't detect my old keyboard when booting up, but then it works fine after booting up. I've tried researching the issue and I think it might be related to my motherboard and my BIOS not being updated?

I emailed GSkills directly who responded with the steps for firmware rest (pressing the pinhole button under the keyboard etc.) and no response after that, so I'm hoping I can get some help here.

What hardware do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS?

What were the results of the firmware reset?

The more information you can provide the better we can help.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!
      I hope this is the info you're looking for.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
      BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0301, 9/16/2011
      SMBIOS Version 2.6
      Embedded Controller Version 255.255
      BIOS Mode Legacy
      BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
      BaseBoard Model Not Available
      BaseBoard Name Base Board

Couldn't get past step 5 of the firmware reset as no drive showed up. After doing steps 1 to 4.

Comment

I tested the keyboard on a different PC which has windows 7. Pretty much the same results as my home PC.
        It searched for the keyboard software for a while before deciding it's unplugged.

http://imgur.com/a/qfqzw
        Last edited by MWD; 07-05-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Send it in for RMA exchange and a replacement should work much better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
          X