2 big problems km780 rgb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 big problems km780 rgb

Hi, i bought KM780 RGB and last month the keyboard works perfect but now the keyboard write double letters and i must remove the excesive letter all time, for example: thhhiss isss and example of double prroblem on km780 rgb gssskill kkeyboard. I try to format computer, install last driver and firmware: 60/0.107 and dosnt work, other problem is when i start computer i must disconnect the km780 rgb from the usb and connect to pc recognize the keyboard, i try change ussb port and lock if in bios or system have any power save plan from motherboard but is not activate, i have last drivers and firmware 60/0.107

If you're experiencing double letters, it's more of a hardware issue than software. This is an indication that the keyswitch for that particular key needs cleaning or the contact point is experiencing interference.

There's a few things you can try:
    1) In the software, set the polling rate to 250Hz. Then reboot the system and see if the issue continues.

2) (While the computer is off) Pull off the keycap and use a cotton swab to drip one or two drops of rubbing alcohol (>75%) into the keyswitch (between the colored plastic and the clear plastic). Then repeatedly press the key for about 30-60 seconds. Wait for the rubbing alcohol to dry, and then put the keycap back on and start the PC and see if the same key still repeats itself.

Please do note that it is not recommended to use the mechanical keyboard in an environment that has lots of dust or in places with smoke. In these environments, dust and fine particles will find their way into the keys and cause problems.

Let us know if the above steps do not help. If cleaning it does not help, then it may be a good idea to request an RMA replacement. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      If you're experiencing double letters, it's more of a hardware issue than software. This is an indication that the keyswitch for that particular key needs cleaning or the contact point is experiencing interference.

There's a few things you can try:
      1) In the software, set the polling rate to 250Hz. Then reboot the system and see if the issue continues.

2) (While the computer is off) Pull off the keycap and use a cotton swab to drip one or two drops of rubbing alcohol (>75%) into the keyswitch (between the colored plastic and the clear plastic). Then repeatedly press the key for about 30-60 seconds. Wait for the rubbing alcohol to dry, and then put the keycap back on and start the PC and see if the same key still repeats itself.

Please do note that it is not recommended to use the mechanical keyboard in an environment that has lots of dust or in places with smoke. In these environments, dust and fine particles will find their way into the keys and cause problems.

Let us know if the above steps do not help. If cleaning it does not help, then it may be a good idea to request an RMA replacement. Thank you.
      ok i will try, and the second problem: other problem is when i start computer i must disconnect the km780 rgb from the usb and connect to pc recognize the keyboard, i try change ussb port and lock if in bios or system have any power save plan from motherboard but is not activate

Comment

1. What's the motherboard model number?
        2. What's the motherboard BIOS version?
        3. Which USB ports are you connecting the keyboard into? (e.g. front panel? motherboard rear panel? and is it USB 2.0 (black)? or USB 3.0 (blue)?

In the meantime, please make sure that the BIOS version is updated to the latest version. After knowing the above information, we may be able to provide a few things you can try. Thank you!

Comment

Hello! I also have that double-letter problem. I experience it in games like Dota2, Heroes of Storm, in windows it rarely happens to me. I used software to check "SWITCH HITTER" and confirm it! But in a notebook I am not able to reproduce the problem.

The keyboard has 6 months, red version. Drivers and software installed, updated Windos7 64bit. Asus 970 Pro Gamin Aura motherboard with latest BIOS version and connected to USB 2.0.

Should I return it to the store?

Sorry for me bad english.

Comment

If you have the double-letter problem, please do try out the alcohol cleaning a couple of times (#2 in above post). In most cases, it'll resolve the key chattering issue.

Otherwise, let us know how many keys are experiencing this issue, and we might recommend a RMA replacement.

Comment

I came here to post about the same issue. For me the "A" and "S" keys mostly do a double tap. I will try the suggestions here. Keyboard is maybe 2 or 3 months old.

Comment

Hello again! I made the alcohol, with a syringe .. I removed all the keys and with a soft brush clean the remains of dust and hairs.

The problem was also the "A" and "S". Was solved. But after cleaning and a week later it will happen in other keys; "I", "L" and "Enter" at the moment ...

Do I really have to do the same thing every time it happens? And if they change it for me in another store, is it possible that the same thing happens to them?

This keyboard I really like, but this is a serious problem and seems to be common

Google translate is me friend! >_<

Comment

Some keyboard units or replacements may be better at avoiding "double key". However, it also depends on the operating environment. Because the KM780 keyboard is designed to be exposed, dust can easily accumulate in some environments. It would be a good idea to clean the keyboard once in a while.

If your keyboard is having too many keys doing "double key" or if the certain keys continue to have the "double key" problem, please contact the retailer or contact us for a replacement.

Comment

I did what was suggested it helped but I still get double tap keys periodically. Should I RMA?

Comment

Yep. Request an RMA. Depending on where you are, your local retailer might be able to help. Otherwise, you can request an RMA directly with us.

RMA request form: www.gskill.com/en/rma
                      Warranty policy and RMA procedures: www.gskill.com/en/warranty

If you have a general RMA question, our RMA team's email is rma@gskill.com

Comment

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problems.
                        What kind of alcohol is it? I have isopropylic, is it?

Comment

Yes, isopropyl alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            Yes, isopropyl alcohol
                            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X