Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD: asrock H97M Pro4 and RAM G.skill Ripjaws ¿Compatibility problem Read

Sorry for my English.

I am experiencing many BSOD primarily related to memory, in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.

I think, perhaps, it is a compatibility problem with the motherboard (Asrock H97M Pro4) and the RAM memory (G.Skill).

Equipment features:
    -Intel I5-4590 3.3Ghz
    - DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 2x8GB CL9 (number:F3-1600C9D-16GXM
    -GeForce Strix GTX 960 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5
    -Asrock H97M Pro4 -ATX - AeroCool DS
    -SSD Samsung EVO 840.
    HDD. Seagate 1 Tb.

The BSOD: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe), CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (ntoskrnl.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe), IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-Initially I thought it might be a problem of drivers. I tried multiples configurations: Installing the minimum, operating system and key drivers of the motherboard; Basic configuration of Windows; updates of pc components: manufacturer drivers and with multiple drivers programs. I think that's not the problem.

-The problem is not the SSD where I install the operating system, because I changed the SSD and the problems have persisted.

- Neither the problem appears to be due to the graphics card, because I tested with and without the GPU. But the PC is not working properly.

- I updated the BIOS (version 2.00) and all the motherboard drivers. I tried with multiple BIOS settings, to ensure compatibility and stability, even losing functionality. Without finding a solution.

- Theoretically, the RAM modules are correct, because I passed he Memtest 86 four times. In one of them, there were a mistake. Perhaps that could be due to what I indicated below (support dual channel).

- Also, I modified the position of the RAM. Initially they were in slots A2 and B2. I put themn in A1 and B1, but the problem persists.

- Two days ago, I left only a RAM module in slot A1, to test RAM physical damage or dual channel compatibility. At this moment the computer works perfectly, without producing BSOD. Therefore, the problem may be due to two facts:

1) The RAM module that I removed is defective. I'll check this posibility in a couple of days. But I presume that this is not the problem.

2) Compatibility problem between the memory (G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 CL9 2x8GB) with the motherboard (Asrock H97M Pro4) perhaps in dual channel.

I recently read that this memory can be problematic in certain Asrock motherboards. It also seems there are some patches to make the RAM to work in Asrock motherboards. However, all comments are related to other motherboards.

I have tried multiple RAM configurations in the BIOS: by default; but I've also activated several times the XMP and set their correct parameters: 1600 Mhz. In the RAM settings have left everything default, checked that values are correct (for example, latency in 9-9-9-24), 2N and voltage (1.5). The other values in auto, but disabling sometimes Command Tri State as the MRC fast boot, because I read this solve the problems of this memory in other ASRock motherboard.

Help! Can you tell me how I can fix the problem?

Do you have any other DDR3 RAM you can test with or borrow? Is this a proven working motherboard or new? Double check CPU, CPU socket pins, and CPU fan installation. If problem persists, it may be a defective motherboard.

if you want you can post pictures of BIOS and we can make sure BIOS is detecting correctly.

Comment

Working...
    X