Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some will run Prime for hours on end, overnight, etc. I think 4 hours or so is plenty...and 1.3 is 1.300 or so, that's normally a good starting point, if not enough, can go up or if stable can gradually lower it while maintaining stability...it's a safe voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh, I was scared to go up to 1.3 because the bios had everything above 1.2v written in red. I think now its perfectly sfable, been running good for a while. I have my NB voltage at 1.13v so I suppose that's better if its stable. Is it worth trying to do 1866? I believe we said earlier that the processor I have did not support 4 sticks of 1866 dual channel. Is that a warning for the weak, that the mighty tradesman will not heed to because overclocking will take us farther than the manufacturers intentions?

Anyway, thank you for your help getting to this point, I appreciate you assistance... even if my League of Legends lasted a week.

Edit: Ran for many hours, ended with 0 errors, 0 warnings. Looks stable!

Edit 2: Updated Bios to F9. Re OC'd, stable. Then proceeded to OC CPU to 4.5ghz, bus speed 236mhz, FSB 2350mhz; stable. This, in turn, raised my ram to 1888mhz (with same timings: 9,10,9,30); which is also stable.
      Last edited by Ramen44; 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM. Reason: Update on current stability

Comment

Ocing is up to the individual, personally I try and push my systems and often push client systems (as that's what what many of them want (particularly the gamers). As far as manufacturers go, what they don't know won't hurt them - I can't say a ton about OCing on AMD as I don't build on their platform - but if it were me, now that it's stable, I'd write down (or take screen captures) of all your current settings, and then give 1866 a try, what, you'll want to do is go from where your current settings are and try raising the CP/NB, DRAM and CPU voltages, little by little along with the 1866 freq

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Currently in bios I'm at 8.0x but it says its at 1888mhz, and in CPU-Z it says dram is 944mhz (so 1888 ddram speeds). Is it actually running at that or do I need to set to 9.33x to achieve 1866mhz.

Comment

Looks like you are at 1888, very good !

Tman

Comment

Woohoo! Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Ramen44, might I ask what your settings ended up being?

I have pretty much the exact same build as you with the same issue and haven't found the "sweet spot" quite yet.

Thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by Scorpius; 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

32 gb ram configuration

Hi

I'm building a pc composed by

mobo: GA-990FXA-UD3
                    video: xfx 7770
                    CPU: FX-8350

I plan to add 32GB of ram .

I know that i had to find 1.5volt module (AMD spec) and 4x8GB because mobo has 4 ddr3.

But now at what frequency 1333 1600 1866 FX-8350 support 1866 and also motherboard support it.

i have found

[ ARES ] F3-1333C9Q-32GAO
                    [ ARES ] F3-1600C10Q-32GAO

[ RipjawsZ ] F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL (8Gx4)

I can't find anything at 1866 why?

Any other module suggested?

Comment

GSkill has a number of 1866 32GB sets that run at 1.5:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Id=1&name=1.5V

Problem you may run into is that the FX-8350 is rated -- UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL -- and while they don't mention it, their testing was done with 4GB sticks, so for 1866 it's 1 DIMM per channel (2 total) @ 4GB each or 2x4GB = 8GB total at 1866. have seen a fair number hit 16GB @ 1866 (with extra voltage to DRAM and CPU/NB, but haven't yet seen anyone hit 32GB/1866 (imagine it will take about a 1.4+ CPU/NB and 1.65 DRAM Voltages, and that's to be close to stable) . Can find AMD's own freq chart below (they keep it buried):

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

Tman

Comment

Are these settings the same for the f3-2133c9d-16gxh on an A10-5800k MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 motherboard setup? If not could you please give me the recommended settings?

Comment

Try enabling DOCP/EOCP and selecting 2133

Tman

Comment

FX-6100/G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 149

I am new at building a computer and could use some input. I have been trying to overclock my FX-6100 to 4.0 Ghz or faster and every time I try the computer won't reboot after changing the settings. I discovered that it was my RAM causing the issue. I have the RAM(G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL) running at 1600Mhz. I have been unable to get it to 1866 as well. Is there any order as to which components to overclock first and with the FX-6100 CPU is overclock the RAM to 2000Mhz possible?

P.S. Running components on ASRock 990FX Extreme3 mobo.

Thanks,

Clutch
                            Last edited by Clutch; 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM. Reason: Forgot mobo info

Comment

I'd start with the DRAM at 1600 9-10-9-28, 2N or 2T (depending on if the BIOS uses the N or the T designator), 1.5, then work on the CPU OC. Then try raising the freq to 1866 (will prob have to raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55-1.58 and raise the CPU/NB voltage an additional + 0.10 or so to try. Problem may be in part, that the while the CPU is supposed to be rated UP TO 1866, that's at 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL, or 2 sticks total at 1866, using 4 sticks puts more of a strain on the MC (memory controller)...Have seen some run 4x4GB at 1600 with your CPU and raised voltages but not a lot at 1866 or better with the 4x4GB combo.

See AMDs own freq guide:

http://support.amd.com/PublishingIma...mory-table.png

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman. I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X