Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte released new BIOS to enhance the stability and compatibility with DDR2 1066

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte released new BIOS to enhance the stability and compatibility with DDR2 1066

All G.Skill DDR2 1066 memory module users can now enhance the stability and the compatibility on Gigabyte motherboards by using the new BIOS as below:

Motherboard Model
    Latest BIOS version

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L

F9 for rev. 1.0(2010/1/18)
    F9 for rev. 1.1(2010/1/18)

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR

F10 for rev. 1.0 (2010/1/27)
    F10 for rev. 1.1 (2010/1/27)

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

F12 for rev. 1.0 (2010/1/18)
    F12 for rev. 1.1 (2010/1/18)

Here is the test result after updating the latest BIOS version for GA-EP45-UD3R:

Platform 1
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    BIOS version: F12
    Memory: G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15@2.1v)
    Test software: memtest pro 3.5

BIOS setting:

memtest burning test over 2 hours

Last edited by G.SKILL; 02-05-2010, 01:45 AM.

i dont see a new release for the UD3P since 11/24/09 for the v1.6 board, 8/25/09 for the v1.1 board. The reason I posted this here is that in your other announcement you mention the UD3P board as well.
    Last edited by Dumaine; 02-06-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hello all, i am new to this forum. My motherboard is a
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
      CPU: Intel Core 9400
      BIOS version: F12
      Memory: G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15@2.1v)

Just to say, i been running new Bios F12, Using default settings, speed at 1066 5-5-5-15. Memory in slots 1 and 3 for two weeks now and its rock solid. Cant get memory test to work, maybe because drives are in Raid 0, only way i can stress my computer is decoding H264 using Windows Media Centre. Use to get BSOD doing this, now its perfect.
      Last edited by wally5; 02-21-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

F2-8500CL6-2GBNQ memory is cranky?

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R rev1.1
        Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
        BIOS Version F12 (just updated)
        Memory: F2-8500CL6-2GBNQ (reported in CPU-Z), F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ(sticker on box),
        2 sticks (4GB total)

I don't run overclocked or normally change any BIOS settings related to clocking/MHz. Updated yesterday (4/17/10) to BIOS F12. Since then, my box would spontaneously BSOD anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours periods. I found this thread this morning and have a few questions/observations:
        • The pictures in the first post.. looks like the 1st and 3rd pic are the same? So, I don't see a complete listing of suggested tweaks.. ?
        • Using Memtest+ v4.00, I have errors get thrown all over the place after a minute.
        • Change my 'DRAM Voltage' setting to match the above.. same problem in memtest+.
        • Change both 'DRAM Voltage' and 'System Memory Multiplier' settings to match the above and memtest+ shows no errors.. but both the bios-setup screen and memtest+ show I'm now running 800MHz instead of 1066MHz.
        • when I change both DRAM Voltage & SPD, my timings show up as 6-6-6-18 (matching what is on the decal of the product box) but memtest+ shows 5-7-7-20. If I leave SPD set auto my timings show up as 6-6-6-18 both in the BIOS and in memtest+.
        • No hardware changes since building the thing. Fans all are working (BIOS shows ~30s C for temp), video card (GeForce260) appears ok and its fan is running via evga precision (mid-upper 40s C). I had done some software work yesterday but backed that all out. This morning was the 1st time i checked with memtest+. I believe I'm in slots 1/3 (that's how i built it) but can crack it open to be sure. Either way, never moved the DIMMS around since build.

Prior to F12, I've no idea what things were running at. I never adjusted anything related to this stuff. I'd like to run at the advertised speed if possible, though. If I can provide any more info or someone has suggestions on where I go from here I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-r

Comment

Did you set DRAM Frequency to DDR2-1066, DRAM Timings tCL 6 - tRCD 6 - tRP 6 - tRAS 18 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 2.0V? With those settings, you should have no problems at all.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Did you set DRAM Frequency to DDR2-1066, DRAM Timings tCL 6 - tRCD 6 - tRP 6 - tRAS 18 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 2.0V? With those settings, you should have no problems at all.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            I tried your suggestion.. at least best I could. I do not have an explicit 'DRAM Frequency' or 'Command Rate' setting that I can find. I've attached screenshots of the settings I have available under my DRAM Performance control section.. the first pair are wing with hard settings coming as close as I can to what you mentioned above. The second pair are the settings that are stable for me at present.

-r

Comment

Set Performance Enhance Standard, Extreme Memory Profile Disabled. Run the tests again.

Can you send me pictures of the Advanced Timing Control? There could be a timing detected incorrectly.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

still having problems

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                Set Performance Enhance Standard, Extreme Memory Profile Disabled. Run the tests again.

Can you send me pictures of the Advanced Timing Control? There could be a timing detected incorrectly.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH
                OK, done.. and as soon as I did the timings changed to something that looked wrong.

I went ahead and tried forcing all the recommended settings from above... and still get errors.

Thank you very much for the help thus far. Sorry I was delayed a few days; work stuff cropping up.

Comment

For the EP43-DS3L the version 9 is in BETA, it works too?

Comment

Check the Gigabyte website for the latest.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=2847#bios

F9e for EP43-DS3L

For BIOS settings, yes, you must make the same changes for DDR2-1066

Comment

Working...
                    X