Best memory for AMD Trinity, A85X chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best memory for AMD Trinity, A85X chipset

Is there any particular line of G.SKILL memory that you can recommend for the AMD Trinity line of processors on an A85X chipset motherboard? I only need 8GB, so will use a 2x4GB set of DDR3-1600.

Haven't really worked with them much, I basically build Intel, but from what I have played with (5800s) and seen and read I'd go 1866 or 2133, and lean towards the Sniper line, Have used the Snipers alot with upgrades on AMD. If you want to go 1600 I'd lean towards the F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR, for about $7 the 1866 F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR is a nice fit for the 5800 (it seems to like fast DRAM and larger amounts)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      from what I have played with (5800s) and seen and read I'd go 1866 or 2133
      Why is that?

Thanks.

(Oh, I just realized this is an 'overclocking' subforum. I have no real desire to overclock, just looking for the most stable RAM at stock speeds.)

Comment

Not a problem - still is good info for all. Even though I don't build on AMD I still try and keep up with as much as I can with what is available out there in the event clients will have a particular interest in a give component, and when something comes to me for repair/update/tuning etc, as time allows I like to experiment with what they can handle.

The A8-A6 APUs were rated up to 1 DIMM per channel of 1866 on a 2 slot mobo and 1600 on a 4 slot (per AMD, see here

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

The A10 includes a better GPU package that seems to get better with faster DRAM according to many of the reviews I've seen, see here:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/46...ds-faster-ram/

So the faster DRAM helps graphics (of particular interest to gamers and Home Media PCs) and I like a min of 8GB for basic PC use as many these days are multi-tasking more than ever. I lean towards the Sniper line as I've had my best results on AMD platform with this particular line of sticks in the base 1.5 models, they also come in low voltage, but it seems those need to be raised above rated spec (don't think AMD likes low voltage DRAM). Again, this is simply my opinion as an independent (I'm not GSkill), most all of my clients want stable systems, but also want to get the best performance they can out of their components

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I recommend 2133 or 2400 with tight timmings,
          trinity can't go past 2600, maybe memory controler limit

Comment

Just as a note, many 5800s can hit 2400 either, depends on if the particular 5800 has a strong MC (Memory Controller)

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Pixrazor View Post
              trinity can't go past 2600, maybe memory controler limit
              Actually, the A10 Trinity models can go beyond DDR3-2600 and even 2666. But not all chips will do that at reasonable voltages and/or temperatures

AMD A10-5800K @ Thermalright Archon SB-E
              Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 (F3k) / APU Graphics
              G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD

2x4GB DDR3-2632 10-12-12-28 @ 32M

2x4GB DDR3-2666 10-12-12-31 2T
              http://mods.hardwareluxx.de/emissary...ntx2666c10.jpg

1x4GB DDR3-2760 11-12-12-31
              http://hwbot.org/submission/2344786_...sdram_1381_mhz

I would recommend to go with DDR3-2133 CL9 kits like the F3-2133C9D-16GTX or F3-2133C9D-16GXH however. Depending on the motherboard used, DDR3-2400 and above can be a bit tricky.
              Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Looking good there!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X