Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designare XMP Problems

Hi,
    Recently built a new computer with the following specs..

Processor - Intel i7-6850K
    Memory - GSkill 64GB DDR4 3200mhz (F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW)
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX (upgraded to F4c BIOS)
    OS - Windows 10 Pro

Got it all hooked up and booted into the BIOS to enable the XMP profile for the memory to run at 3200 mhz and everything seemed to be running fine until I started playing a game. The game would get fatal errors and eventually I would start getting BSOD messages.

Then I decided to reset my BIOS and turn off the XMP profile (so it would run at 2133 mhz) and the computer is stable now when playing games.

So it seems to be related to the XMP profile for the RAM. I read around on the forum that the 6850k processor would support 3000 mhz for guaranteed compatibility but I'm not sure what settings I would need to change to get 3000 mhz with a low CL. Would anyone be able to help with manually setting the values? Or is there something else that needs to be done to enable the XMP profile at the value rated for my ram?

Thanks!

Some Broadwell-E CPUs struggle with DDR4-3200 and higher memory ratios and might need full manual settings to do it if they can at all.

DDR4-3000: Enable the XMP, check the settings, then manually lower the memory frequency to DDR4-3000 keeping the XMP enabled. With that you're basically recycling all of the XMP timings, so that is probably the easiest and fastest thing to test. If that is stable save those settings in a BIOS profile slot and/or to USB and then try to adjust the Vdimm or tighten the timings (if you want to maximise performance).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Ok thanks! I will give that a try

Comment

Working...
      X