Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable XMP/manually overclock G.SKILL memory with ASUS X79 & SB-E or IB-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally the CPU increase will require an increase in vCore (CPU voltage) - could you post up your BIOS settings for for voltages and DRAM timings and we'll take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Apologies for delay - got caught up this end - on to it - back in 5

Comment

Sorry for slight delay - needed to shut down the running apps before starting this.

XMP Profile 2
        DDR3-2133mhz
        Timing: 9-11-10-28-2
        CPU Spread Spectrum Disabled
        CPU Current 120%
        VCCSA Load-Line High
        VCCSA Current 120%
        VCCSA Fixed Freq 300
        DRAM AB Current 120%
        DRAM CD Current 120%
        CPU VCore Manual (showing as 1.144v)
        CPU VCore Man Volts Auto
        CPU VCCSA Volts Manual
        CPU VCCSA Manual Volts 1.250
        Dram Volts CHA CHB 1.65
        Dram Volts CHC CHD 1.65#

Everything else at Default

Comment

Its at 100 BCLK at present - up it to 125?

Comment

No, BCLK remains 100 .

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Pls offer comments on support I provide,
              Don't offer help, then keep a User hanging for 2 days .....

I well appreciate its private time and effort, and - genuinely - much qudos to you for your efforts.

This one didn't light your fire for some reason .... so I'll move on and try elsewhere.

Comment

Thought GSkill Tech had picked up, sorry, also I was looking for the Advanced/secondary timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok .... fair enough .... we have obviously passed each other like ships in the night

The tech comment sowed confusion, as the ROG bios carries a pre-set for 4.25Ghz which sets BCLK to 125 - am running on that auto-preset now, as a temporary hike in clocks until I can get this done properly.

I assumed this was the values you were after:

CPU VCore Manual (showing as 1.144v) [or it was until I used the 4.25Ghz pre-set]
                  CPU VCore Man Volts Auto

Obviously not, so I will bootup and take a look inside the Vbios to see if I can find:

- "BIOS settings for voltages and DRAM timings" that are not shown in my post of 0507hrs

In regard to your other query
                  "also I was looking for the Advanced/secondary timings "
                  ... what timings are missing from the list I posted. Its possible I missed some values when going through the Bios screen(s) that are not defaults, but I couldn't see anything similar to:

"also I was looking for the Advanced/secondary timings "

I suspect this is a terminology problem, as I will rigidly go by the terms and values I see on the Bios screen - only - to prevent misunderstandings, and burning out the board/CPU - the latter at a combined value of £1,000 of my cold cash - and therefore that caution will never go away, despite Decades spent using various PCs. A cautious approach drilled into me - before I put my feet up - by my Tech Teams on various Deployments

Comment

Ok had a look, there is potential for confusion my end re terminology. At present the 4.25Ghz ROG preset is loaded. The only indication of VCore (not described in my first set above) is the Turbo Ratio which shows as 34 multiplier (but don't forget that at present I am on the 4.25Ghz ROG PreSet after the initial aborted attempt at this).

I do have the ROG Bios Application AI Suite II V2.01.01 loaded so can change most things on the fly. Maybe that will help, by referring to that if you have it, it makes it quick and simple.

Comment

The advanced DRAM timings will be listed by acronym i.e. tRC, tRFC, tWRD etc or like (and I believe on this mobo - CAS to CAS Delay, Active to Precharge, REF to ACT, Read to Precharge odds and ends like that, will normally be about a dozen or more and should be in the DRAM area somewhere, I can pull a manual this evening (prob about 6:30-7 PST) and find exactly how to get to it, prob won't be in the ROG software, will need to go into BIOS

Tman

Comment

Okie Doke - seen - I'm on it.

Back in a few, but sounds like you are at work .... best I wait until you are home, don't want to cause issues for you. If I find it now (or not), I'll post, and meet you online after 7pm PST

Regards
                        Zy

Comment

Don't worry about that, I have my own consultancy, so it's about always my time...mainly just if in the shop or out in the field (and even then I normally have a laptop. Will be digging for a manual here in about 20 minutes, have a rig to finish up and lay out some specs on a Haswell proposal

Tman

Comment

I have reset to what is shown in #33, but with CPU on 4.2Ghz. Couldn't find the items you spoke of in the bios..

Comment

Do you have the Extreme, Gene, Formula or which?

Tman

Comment

i7-3960x Extreme

Comment

Working...
                                X