Unable to reach XMP profile with TridentZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to reach XMP profile with TridentZ

Hey Guys, I have an ASRock Extreme 7+ and the memory is F4-3733C17Q-16GTZ. Every time I put it into it XMP profile the system wont boot. I have to leave it running at 2133 with default voltage. Any tips so I can reach the stated XMP settings?

What debug code does your board show when you try to POST with XMP enabled?
    Have you tried this with only two modules from your kit in the recommended slots?

What i would do is test both halves of the kit by themselves first. If that is a success, it might be the processors IMC that has difficulties with four modules at that speed, or maybe the board has one or two weaker slots memory frequency wise. Then add the other two sticks and see how far you can get with manual settings. I'd probably start at DDR4-3200 and then go up to DDR4-3466, then DDR4-3600. You can just use the XMP timings for that. It is possible you have to manually adjust VCCSA and VCCIO at some point though, if your board fails to set appropriate values on AUTO (happened to me with an ASUS Maximus model at DDR4-3200+).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

THanks for the help. I've been messing around with it and so far have been able to get a stable boot at 3600 with all 4 dimms installed using the XMP settings. I had to increase the voltage on the dram and increase the "DRAM Activating Power supply" voltage as well. Seems stable but I have more testing to do. Honestly I'd be happy with 3600.

Comment

Working...
      X