bus-275
    mult 14
    core voltage-1.475
    nb voltage-1.2
    ht/nb-2200

having memory problems i believe since i need 11x11x11x28x39 to be stable

dram 733
    fsb:dram 3:8

i tried 10x10x10x27x37 but i would bsod; from the looks of it 10x10x10x27x37 should work till 761.

i have tried to use 9x9x9x9x24x33 with a mult of 4 yet i still bsod.
    Last edited by snitzle_iii; 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM.

Just caught this, have to run out for a bit, back about 7:30, and take a closer look, but might take a look here

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

it may help, be back in a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

guess ill raise it +0.10V; and run some prime at 10x10x10x27x37 and hope it works

Comment

bsod in 30 mins prime full blend. i can run small fft for several hours before bsod. temps are fine. i have to raise the cpu-nb volt by .2. either way
        Last edited by snitzle_iii; 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Is CPU/NB freq at 2400? Better yet can you post your BIOS setting (DRAM (both base and advanced timings), system voltages and freqs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the cpu/nb is not at 2400 its at 2200; pics here

Comment

Might try DRAM 1.55, NB voltage up to 1.3, and change Addr CMD Set Up Time to 2T

Tman

Comment

ok so tried what you suggested and i bsod in 15 then in 10 i think
                when i set my ram to 1.55 i believe it goes in intervals of .02 so either its 1.54 or 1.56; anyways my pc health tab shows the ram is running 1.53. i have tried to troubleshoot my oc on other forums and i guess people were saying that i should lower my cpu vcore. something like 1.5 should get me over 4.0 easily. ive seen lots of people get 3.8 with 1.45 or less. i know if i have it @ 1.45 i will bsod quickly. i thought 1.47 was good, but maybe i have to volt this chip extra hard.

luckily temps are good/just right. got come c-1 to cool my vrm since this mobo is a 4+1 phase. still waiting on my second half of chips to cool the other 10 vrms lol.

was able to run small fft for 1h with ram @ 1.54; NB 1.26 and addr cmd 2t; i had the option of auto or 1/2t. i don't know if i can actually change this to 2t. just from reading dolks guide to oc i guess there is little to be gained from oc speeds, but maybe i could try upping my nb to get better stability. i dont know if this will help with having to run 1.5 for 3.8 .

one thing i wanted to address is the psu i have. its a 650 antec bronze. i bring this up since this is a 125w version and not the 95w version. according to http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...locking_9.html under full load this is pulling 300w. the bronze psu will give me 80% of 650 giving me a remainder of 220. i have a evga 465 not clocked at all, but just looking at http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,5.html full load is 342w. i know that i am not going to be running my cpu and card at full load. i havnt really monitored my loads when playing games. aside from this i have an external, cd rom, 3hds and use usb to charge my mouse/touchpad, webcam, and wifi doggle too.

finally since my ram is currently at 733 it should run at 9x9x9x24x33 and only untill i run past 761 i should have to run it at 10x10x10x27x37?

here are pics of prime

Comment

thought i was in the clear then...

Comment

Dropping GSkill Tech a note to take a look

Tman

Comment

Write Recovery Time needs to be 12 or more.

What is your goal?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

to get a stable oc as well as get the best performance out of the ram i have. i mean i guess i am pretty much happy with my oc. maybe i can squeeze another +.5/1 mhz for 3.9/3.95, as i did get some after market vrm coolers to help out with. i know pretty much nothing about ram timings so 1-how did you know the write recovery time needed to be 12 or more. can ram be tightened after the write recovery time has been bumped to 12? if so how do i go about this and how do i calculate the correct values

Comment

GSkill itself has their techs and a testing facility, where they can run and test sticks on whatever mobos they have available to them and I imagine they maintain a database of all their testing results. I keep some records of what I've built (when problems have come up due to balky BIOSs or odd configs) or worked on (problems/upgrades/etc, and while I don't build on the AMD platform, I do a fair amount of upgrades and troubleshooting. The actual timings can vary even between mobos of the same exact model so it's a matter of first getting the system stable them experimenting with the timings to tweak them to their max

Tman

Comment

thats pretty cool. save lots of trouble of trying to finding stable settings. i assume these arnt the most fine tuned settings however. for future reference is there merit to buy ram that has been tested for a particular mobo?

last i would like to note that i did set the ram to 1.545 in the mobo but cpuid shows it at 1.52
                            Last edited by snitzle_iii; 03-23-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

It can help if your see it tested on a mobo by GSkill, for the most part what you see on a mobo's QVL is basically pretty worthless as their idea of 'testing' is little more than plugging them in and see if it boots - where this really comes into play though is with sticks rated 1600, 1866 and faster....and the reason why is, that they don't 'test' at the rated freq, they test at the mobo default which is generally 1333 w/ AMD mobos (and 1600 on the others) so if you have 1600 or higher, it's prob only being tested at 1333 (or maybe 1600), then if someone has a problem with say 2133 or even 1866 sticks (which may well be on their QVL list - they'll tell you it's prob a problem with the RAM and to call the RAM manufacturer - can see more on the subject in my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X