F3-12800CL9Q-8GBZL (2Gx4) + M5A99x evo + AMD FX-8350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-8GBZL (2Gx4) + M5A99x evo + AMD FX-8350

Hi, i just bought a new custom computer on newegg and everything seems to work perfectly, but sometimes my computer makes a BSOD. i went in the UEFI BIOS and checked for the DRAM timing which was in auto mode at 11-11-11-28. So i changed it to 9-9-9-24 but there are many more setting on UEFI than i ever seen and the system keep unstable. i wish you could help me. here are the settings;

DRAM CAS# latency CHA:9 CHB:9 (9)
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay CHA:9 CHB:9 (9)
    DRAM RAS# Pre time CHA: 9 CHB:9 (9)
    DRAM RAS# ACT Time CHA: 24 CHB:24 (24)
    DRAM READ to PRE time CHA:6 CHB:6 (AUTO)
    DRAM RAS# to RAS# CHA:5 CHB:5 (AUTO)
    DRAM WRITE to READ CHA:6 CHB:6 (AUTO)
    DRAM CAS# write latency CHA:8 CHB:8 (AUTO)
    DRAM WRITE recovery time CHA:12 CHB:12 (AUTO)
    DRAM REF cycle time 110ns (AUTO)
    DRAM Row cycle time CHA:39 CHB:39 (AUTO)
    DRAM READ to WRITE delay CHA:6 CHB:6 (AUTO)
    DRAM WRITE to READ delay (DD) CHA:3 CHB:3 (AUTO)
    DRAM WRITE to WRITE timing CHA:4 CHB:4 (AUTO)
    DRAM READ to READ timing CHA:4 CHB:4 (AUTO)
    DRAM refresh rate: every 7.8ms (AUTO)
    DRAM command Rate: 2T (AUTO)

all four dimms are from the same package, i apologize if my english isn't perfect. My primary language is french

Try raising the CPU/NB + 0.08

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Try raising the CPU/NB + 0.08
      it worked but i was working in a solidworks assembly composed of about 100 parts and my computer did a BSOD after 4 hours. after i tried to reboot the computer but it keep doing BSODs when starting

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes i have the last BIOS 1604 on windows 7 SP1. and i don't know if it can matter, but I installed a corsair H100i cooling system.

Comment

Try raising the DRAM REF cycle time to the next level, think it will be about 160

Tman

Comment

it changed nothing. the computer crashed after 3 hour of work

Comment

Let's take CPU/NB voltage to 1.35 and DRAM voltage up to 1.55, then if that is stable, lower the CPU/NB maybe 0.02 at a shot while maintaining stability...when problems arise again, take back up 0.02 and leave there

Tman

Comment

ok ! thank you very much I will tell you if it works. i very appreciate your help

Comment

No problem, drop us an update

Tman

Comment

hello again ! classes are finaly over and i found some time to try the solution you provided me. it appear that the computer is still crashing even with CPU/NB at 1.35 V. but it took something like 3 hours before crashing and it crashed while gaming. i updated the CPU driver but the computers keep making blue screen about the memory management

Comment

All right, let's leave CPU/NB as is and raise the DRAM voltage to 1.6 and add + 0.06 to the vCore (CPU voltage)

Tman

Comment

it didnt work... but im wondering why this always take so much time before crashing

Comment

Let's try something a little different - leave the rest as is and change

DRAM READ to PRE time CHA:6 CHB:6 (AUTO) to 7
                            DRAM RAS# to RAS# CHA:5 CHB:5 (AUTO) to 6
                            DRAM WRITE to READ CHA:6 CHB:6 (AUTO) to 7

and CPU/NB up another + 0.04

Tman

Comment

the computer is now freezing when i try to open multiple applications

Comment

Working...
                              X