No announcement yet.

F3-1866c10q-32gxl + ga-990fxa-ud3 + fx-8350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try setting them up at 1333 or 1600 and see if that changes what you can see or use, also make sure your version of Win can use more than 16GB. Good possibility is that the MC (Memory Controller) just can handle it....remember that the 8350 is rated UP TO 1866 with 1 stick per channel and the testing that came up with this was 4 GB sticks so it's based on 8GB total or 16GB total at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Might try setting them up at 1333 or 1600 and see if that changes what you can see or use, also make sure your version of Win can use more than 16GB. Good possibility is that the MC (Memory Controller) just can handle it....remember that the 8350 is rated UP TO 1866 with 1 stick per channel and the testing that came up with this was 4 GB sticks so it's based on 8GB total or 16GB total at 1600
      What voltages and such would you recommend me setting then, I've never really ventured into voltages or overclocking so it's new to me. I tried setting the profile to 1600 as apposed to the 1333 default it sets me at but I either end up with the bios complaining and resetting the memory clocking or showing no change.

Comment

At 1600 might try the DRAM voltage at 1.58 and the CPU/NB about 1.34, leave the DRAM timings at stock 10-11-10-30

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At 1600 might try the DRAM voltage at 1.58 and the CPU/NB about 1.34, leave the DRAM timings at stock 10-11-10-30
          No joy, I didn't get the bios error but the computer is still only using 16gb of the ram -.-

Comment

What version of Win?

Tman

Comment

What version of Win?
              Ultimate 64bit, on my last motherboard the sabertooth 990fx I was easily able to run 32gb of ram and only reason I ended up switching was cause 2 of the dim slots got screwed after a thunderstorm (curse thyself for not using surge protectors sooner).

Comment

Might check if it's being limited by config,

Go to Start, enter MSCONFIG click the BOOT tab, click ADVANCED and on the right, make sure the MAX MEMORY option is unchecked.

Tman

Comment

Might check if it's being limited by config,

Go to Start, enter MSCONFIG click the BOOT tab, click ADVANCED and on the right, make sure the MAX MEMORY option is unchecked.
                  Definetly unchecked, it only allows me to set 24gb as max too, ram is definitely fine as if I switch out all the ram using 1 or 2 sticks they all work.

Comment

Should see it, my next step would be to pull the CPU and check for thermal compound on the bottom or in the socket, and check in particular for bent/broken pins

Tman

Comment

The issue I reported in this thread had absolutely nothing to do with the memory not being seen. All 32GB are seen by the OS. The issue is that I was not able to run it at 1866 speed. I had to downclock it to 1600 . I never found a solution for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X