Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by facehook View Post
    Hi Alex,

Thank you for letting us know about that issue. I will add Logitech Gaming Software to the black list of Thaiphoon Burner. The latest TB version 11.1 informs users about potentially dangerous software running on the background.

Since he installed Logitech Gaming and AIDA64, there is no way to tell from his post which one (or both) caused a conflict. I tend to suspect it was AIDA64 rather than the Logitech software. I am not familiar with the Logitech Gaming software but I know that AIDA64 accesses the SMB Buss so it seems likely that this is the one causing the conflict. Could be both, or the combination but I suspect it is AIDA64.

I suggest removing both programs and then installing each program separately.
    Last edited by BillB; 11-19-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Give someone a link to the old version of the utility v1.00.08 BETA. Who has?
      The new versions Trident Z RGB Software do not allow to save the color settings on an ongoing basis after uninstalling the utility.

upd. i understood everything himself, from the server the old versions did not delete http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/....00.08beta.zip
      Last edited by jjxaker; 11-20-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

So for my Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 board. If I run my Ram in Single Channel Mode (A1,A2), the software works just fine. Everything is detected, and I can set the colors to whatever I want. I was hoping I could set it, and it would save what I have. When I switched back to Dual Channel Mode (A1,B1), it goes back to the rainbow scheme with the software not detecting any of my modules.

The only way to get it to detect in Dual Channel Mode is to use A2,B2 which then my system either boot loops, and all my settings stay on default. The only for sure option at this point is to buy another Dual Module Kit to fill all the slots. But memory prices are insane right now, so no thanks.

Comment

As many of you know this software has been buggy and had issues from the start. After RMA my first pair I have been using 1.00.22 successfully for the most part until G.SKILL decided to release TRIDENTZ RGB software "out of beta" with 1.00.28.

I Then:
          Stopped the "Lighting Service"
          Ran full uninstaller
          Manually deleted remaining Lighting and ASUS folders
          Ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry
          Rebooted
          Installed 1.00.28
          rebooted again.
          CAN NOT DETECT RAM message upon opening application.

What am I doing wrong, 1.0.22 worked sometimes, at least detected the RAM.

UPDATE: EVEN AFTER ROLLING BACK TO 1.00.22 THE PROGRAM STILL CAN NOT DETECT MY RAM. WHAT DO I DO NOW GREAT SKILL?

Comment

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.28 – No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module found

I recently updated my Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 to the latest BIOS Version F10. My G.Skill Trident Z DRAM Modules F4-3200C14-8GTZR always worked like a charm on this board, well except the first versions. With the F10 BIOS still Frequency speed @ 3200 so everything fine. Anyhow, when looking into my case I found out that the LEDs of my G.Skills were OFF. Tried a lot of stuff and found that you simply need to power off your computer and cut the power supply for a certain time so the caps will be unloaded as well. I made a coffee so came back around 2 minutes later. Afterwards I had the default rainbow effect again. Nice, thought the new G.Skill v1.00.28 will work now, but nope: „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ error message showed up. Tried a lot of things but nothing could fix it (Deinstall, Reinstall all versions[v1.00.16, v1.00.22], reinstalled windows, deactivated the Logitech Gaming services, …). What really was the issue that the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip file is coming from an unknown source(?) so Windows 10 will not unzip it properly (At least what my thoughts are here). I would guess this guide will work for any other Hardware combinations as the problems seems to be the file handling in windows. So ASUS, MSI, ASRock and other MB vendors should work as well.

My solution:

1) If the modules are completely dark, power off computer, cut power supply for a couple of seconds (To be safe 2 mins?)
            2) Afterwards you should have the rainbow effect again
            3) If the modules are not recognized by the G.SKILL Trident Z Control Software and you get the „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ message do this:
            3a) Uninstall the Software
            3b) Delete the AXSP and the IO folder within the ASUS folder in you programs(x86) folder and the LightingService folder.
            4) Restart your computer
            5) Now download the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip
            6) Do not unzip the files! Right click on the .zip and go to Properties
            7) Now in General check the unblock checkbox. After clicking on it the box is gone and the zip will be trusted.

8) Now unzip and install. After the restart of the system you hopefully have control of your DRAM’s LEDs again.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Thanks, Kulle!

I tried everything and had been stuck on rainbow since the update. Rainbow, btw, is WAY worse than static. The default should be static white or something. I would rather have no RGB than rainbow. Luckily, I followed Kulle's instructions and it's finally working again. Thanks!

Comment

You are welcome

Luckily, I followed Kulle's instructions and it's finally working again. Thanks!
                You are very welcome I was using my complete last weekend to figure that out.

Comment

unfortunately it still does not work.
                  I have the 16GB DDR4 16GTZR Kit 3000 CL15 (2x8GB)
                  since release of tr4 (using a x399 fatal1ty with at 1920x) and was not able to get it running (no modules detected).
                  I tried the .8 / .16 / .28 (i think) and had the problem with all of them (clean uninstall and even after fresh windows setup) and i checked that its trusted.
                  32gb ram im asking what else to do with this ram or to change it to a non rgb one ...

please tell me if you need more data or if i forgot to try something. i realy lije this ram kit but the rainbow is too tough for me to handle.

(sorry for my english I'm not a native speaker)

Comment

Febra,

I have the Asrock X399 Taichi, almost the same board as you (with the Fatality). I am in the same situation as you. I fear that it may be an issue with the Asrock baords and the ram at this point. Hopefully G.Skill and Asrock can figure it out.

Comment

Shupp872,

a Little update: with 4 sticks of this ram the 2 "new" ones are reckognized and i can Control them with the Software however my 2 modules still are rainbow only...

Comment

Have 4x 8Gb as well

Hi,

I know it helps not too much in your situtation but for me 32Gb with 4x F4-3200C14-8GTZR works good. All channel LEDs can be controlled individiually with the new V1.00.28 software.

One thought:
                        Has the ASRock a BIOS function as the ASUS x99 have to activate "DRAM SPD Write" as described in the pdf that comes with the V1.00.28.zip?

Might be that you need to search for that and activate it?

Best regards,
                        kuLLe

Comment

Hi kuLLe.
                          firstly thanks for your help.
                          I just looked and i couldn't find a SPD write Switch...
                          and even if there is one it should be enabled as the 2 "new" modules are working fine
                          right now i have my 2 rainbow sticks and 2 normal working ones.
                          I assume that it is not (totaly) the bords fault as 2 sticks are working.

br
                          febra

Comment

Turn power off

Hi febra,

I like to help you, I hope I can

Have you tried powering off the PC and disconnect the power completely? Like disconnecting the power cord and wait a while (2 mins to be safe)?

Regards,
                            Lars

Comment

Yes it was unpluged for about 10 minutes during the insert of the second kit.
                              and afterwords again to check it (used the wrong Slots as i didn't thought about the 2nd half of the Slots are flipped)

Comment

Originally posted by febra View Post
                                Shupp872,

a Little update: with 4 sticks of this ram the 2 "new" ones are reckognized and i can Control them with the Software however my 2 modules still are rainbow only...
                                If you don't mind my asking, which slots are the memory modules in? I have 4 sticks, and they are in the recommended slots from the manual to get quad channel (as confirmed by CPU-Z). If I look at the CPU socket on the board, the closest RAM slot on each side of the CPU is empty. So it would look like this:

Populated - Empty - Populated - Empty - CPU Socket - Empty - Populated - Empty - Populated

I am curious if the slot used may have something to do with the software detecting and controlling the the sticks.
                                Last edited by shupp872; 12-23-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X