No announcement yet.

AMD FX-6200 Black, GA 970A-D3P rev 1.0, G.Skill TridentX 2133, XFX DD R9 270X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD FX-6200 Black, GA 970A-D3P rev 1.0, G.Skill TridentX 2133, XFX DD R9 270X

Hello i just recently built this system and was wondering what the best configuration is. I used xmp profile 1 and it said i was getting 2133 mhz, but I currently am using a stock fan so i downclocked it back due to possibly overheating. Was wondering if running the memory at such high speeds mgiht be unhealthy for my cpu.

Usually DDR3-2133 is no problem for a FX, but you have to keep an eye on system voltages because some motherboards go way overboard with those when left on auto with overclocking.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

With any overclocking, an aftermarket CPU cooler is best.

There are very good ones for $30-40

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-099-_-Product

Comment

I already had a zalman cpu cooler but had to rma it due to it most likely being doa. So all I need to watch are potential voltage outputs by my mb and this configuration will be safe?

Comment

recently tried running the xmp profile 1 again and this time after a period my memory was down clocked to 1066 mhz. So i am assuming there are some settings I might need to change. Anyone have any advice.

Comment

Actually 1066 MHz is a double data rate of 2133 (so DDR3-2133).

667 MHz = DDR3-1333
            800 MHz = DDR3-1600
            933 MHz = DDR3-1866
            1066 MHz = DDR3-2133
            1200 MHz = DDR3-2400

So everything's alright i guess
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Oh if thats great to hear then thank you. Guess I'm all set. Now to look to the oc forums for help overclocking my cpu. Hear i can get it up to 4.4 ghz

Comment

Main concern is always temperature, not exactly voltage. Though with a higher voltage, generally that also means high temperature.

Comment

Working...
                X