Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z270 users.. update 1.00.16

This is regarding the update from 1.00.08 to 1.00.16

To get the cleanest install on a Gigabyte Z270 Gaming board follow the G.Skill clean install guide all the way to step 4. After restart go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the ASUS folder.

Now run the 1.00.16 install package and restart.

I found this to work on my Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming. Should work on most if not all Gigabyte Z270 boards.
    Intel i7 6700K
    Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
    32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
    Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
    (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
    This is regarding the update from 1.00.08 to 1.00.16

To get the cleanest install on a Gigabyte Z270 Gaming board follow the G.Skill clean install guide all the way to step 4. After restart go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the ASUS folder.

Now run the 1.00.16 install package and restart.

I found this to work on my Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming. Should work on most if not all Gigabyte Z270 boards.
    Hey man, did you use the RGB Fusion software from gigabyte at the same time or did you uninstall it first?
    --------------------------------------------
    Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
    i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
    16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
    NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Originally posted by fullerphoto View Post
      Hey man, did you use the RGB Fusion software from gigabyte at the same time or did you uninstall it first?
      Im running both. Just dont have both open at the same time.
      Intel i7 6700K
      Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB

Comment

The Beta seems to play nice with my RGB Fusion however as soon as I reload the NZXT Cam software it sparks a fight, those two really don't get alone at all. I don't get the random crashes anymore but I think that's to do with the new bios for Aorus.
        --------------------------------------------
        Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
        i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
        16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
        NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Originally posted by fullerphoto View Post
          The Beta seems to play nice with my RGB Fusion however as soon as I reload the NZXT Cam software it sparks a fight, those two really don't get alone at all. I don't get the random crashes anymore but I think that's to do with the new bios for Aorus.
          Someone needs to encode an app that will run all brands of RGB hardware. One app to sync it all.

I may work on this.
          Intel i7 6700K
          Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB

Comment

RGB Fusion software will run in the background (even when the application window is closed or if the system tray icon is closed) as a service, meaning it will interfere with our lighting control. If possible, can you either uninstall Gigabyte Fusion or stop the service?

To access service control panel, you can go to "Run..." > "services.msc".

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
              RGB Fusion software will run in the background (even when the application window is closed or if the system tray icon is closed) as a service, meaning it will interfere with our lighting control. If possible, can you either uninstall Gigabyte Fusion or stop the service?

To access service control panel, you can go to "Run..." > "services.msc".
              We are having no problems running both. No interference at all.
              Intel i7 6700K
              Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
                We are having no problems running both. No interference at all.
                Me neither - (Z270-Gaming 7)

Comment

my one ram stick not turning on, other 3 also going crazy, early version good, new software very bad,

Comment

Originally posted by sono View Post
                    Me neither - (Z270-Gaming 7)
                    Mine keep freezing. Not going dim since 1.00.16, but they eventually freeze. A computer restart gets them going again for a while.

I don't think there will be a real solution unless or until Gigabyte supports this in the BIOS. If G.Skill thinks turning off all other RGB control is the solution here, they are wrong. Very wrong. This needs to work with all the rest of the RGB crap I've bought or else it's worthless.
                    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                    Intel i5 7600k
                    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Gameface View Post
                      Mine keep freezing. Not going dim since 1.00.16, but they eventually freeze. A computer restart gets them going again for a while.

I don't think there will be a real solution unless or until Gigabyte supports this in the BIOS. If G.Skill thinks turning off all other RGB control is the solution here, they are wrong. Very wrong. This needs to work with all the rest of the RGB crap I've bought or else it's worthless.
                      Mine does the same thing after about 100 hours straight.
                      Intel i7 6700K
                      Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB

Comment

Gameface,

We don't disagree that all the RGB things should work together, but working with all the vendors on the market today that put out RGB things is rather time consuming.

At the moment, uninstalling or turning off other software is merely a temporary solution for the time being until we can work something out with the other vendors. And since each software suite works differently, we'll likely put out guides when the time comes.

Also, when you say freeze, which lighting effect was it set to?

Comment

Gameface,

Since I have the same freezing issue I can answer this. All of them. Well, except any static colors because the are just steady lit anyways. On my system the RGBs will freeze after about 100 hours of on time.
                          Intel i7 6700K
                          Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB

Comment

Gameface,

We don't disagree that all the RGB things should work together, but working with all the vendors on the market today that put out RGB things is rather time consuming.

At the moment, uninstalling or turning off other software is merely a temporary solution for the time being until we can work something out with the other vendors. And since each software suite works differently, we'll likely put out guides when the time comes.

Some effects never worked for me. Like static never took effect when I selected it.

But the ones I used were "wave" and "flash and dash" Would work for some time. It seems like I'd notice they were frozen after launching World of Warships.

There is a new BIOS version, but all it says is that it provides support for Optane, so I wonder if there is any value in updating?
                            Last edited by Gameface; 04-20-2017, 10:46 AM.
                            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                            Intel i5 7600k
                            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Hi Gameface,

About those few lighting effects not working, specifically the top three (static, breathing, strobing), there's a bug where the default color has its brightness turned all the way down, even though it shows up as red. So the small circle inside the triangle is not on the lower left corner. And when you change the color by rotating the knob on the color wheel, the brightness value doesn't change. The best way to resolve this (if you are on first install or after clicking on "Default") is to click the red, green, or blue box to the left of the color wheel. Then click the button below the five color group selectors to apply the same color to all groups. After this step, you can move that color wheel to any color you want for any color group without the brightness issue.

The other lighting effects, like comet and flash and dash ignores that brightness value, so that color bug doesn't affect those lighting effects.

Regarding it being frozen after launching World of Warships, would you say that the CPU loading is high? Or if the lighting effect returns after quitting World of Warships (without restarting the lighting software)?

I'd say hold off on the new BIOS update for now, unless you have trouble reaching certain memory speeds or need support for optane devices, since it doesn't seem to have changed the lighting side very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X