Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[KM780] Mode, win-lock, brightness buttons always set to custom color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [KM780] Mode, win-lock, brightness buttons always set to custom color?

Hello,

on my KM780 RGB the mode buttons (MR, M1, M2, M3) as well as the win-lock, brightness and timer button always have the color which I chose via color settings.
    Only when I press these buttons the ones that are currently activated are shown for 2 seconds. After that they switch back to the color I set via color management.
    This way I always need to remember which mode is selected or if the win-lock is active or not! It doesn't make any sense. Why have buttons with lights on it when I still need to remember which state they have...

Is there a way to just illuminate the buttons that are actually active instead of all of them at once?

This video makes it a bit easier to understand: LINK

Thanks in advance!

Hi meric,

Thank you for expressing your concern about the status lighting. This is actually something we've discussed and considered for quite a long time before deciding on this particular way to display status.

It used to be that there are no lighting control over the top row function keys, and it has always lit up in red depending on whether it's on or not. During that time, lots of users expressed that the red status lighting conflicts with the RGB lighting on the normal keyboard keys. So it was clear that when we added RGB lighting to the top row, we had to make a decision between function and form (appearance). And since this is an LED (RGB, no less) keyboard, it would be the interest for most people to display the lighting effects or custom lighting whenever possible.

The 2-3 second display of status after pressing a top row function key is the compromise we came up with to display the status of modes, Winlock, and brightness. We also considered that most people would likely set up a different lighting effect for each mode, allowing the user themselves to know which mode they're currently on.

We can talk to the peripherals team to see if there's a way to further refine the status display, but there's always someone who would want it another way. We hope you can understand the difficulty of our decision. If you do have any suggestions, we would be glad to consider our options.

Alternatively, for the time being, might we suggest hitting the "MR" key to display the status, then (without pressing anything else) press the "MR" key again to cancel on-the-fly macro recording and revert back to your custom lighting?

Comment

Hi,

ah, alright, that makes sense. If I had to choose between permanently red lit keys or 3-secs-status display I'd go for the latter too. Thanks for clearing this up and the swift response!

Here is a small suggestion that came to my mind:

As the function keys are capable to have any color why not add an option to toggle between fully lit (like it is now) or just light the keys that are currently active in the color the users has set?

I think that would suit almost anybody and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Something like this maybe:

If 'Use Default Color' is not selected it would use the color the user has set via background lighting.

Just an idea :-)

Comment

That might be helpful. Although we'll have to find another location for this selection and run this through the peripherals team to see how feasible this is.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X