KM780R RGB software won't start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780R RGB software won't start up

After installing the software and rebooting, I tried starting the program and nothing comes up. It's running in the back ground but it won't do anything. Also I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it in Safe Mode and then disabling my antivirus/spyware/antitrojan and it still won't load up.

Can anyone help me get this working please?

Thank you

A few things to check for:

1. Install the program with Admin rights (uninstall, then redownload and install by right clicking the installer and choose to "Run as Administrator")
    2. After the program is installed, check that the program is being opened with Administrator rights. Right click on the *.exe file in the Program Files folder and choose to "run as administrator"; or go into the properties of the shortcut, then choose to run as admin under the "Compatibility" tab. (this might not work if the program is already running in the background, so you would have to "end task" in the Task Manager for App.exe first, and then open it by choosing to run as admin.)

Please also let us know which Windows version you have, and when the last time Windows Update was run.

Comment

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. It's all up to date updates wise. I will go ahead and try what you suggested. I was seconds away from buying the Roccat Ryos MK FX.

Comment

Ok it worked. Thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear! Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

I can appreciate that the OP had his problem resolved which is great.

I also am having problems loading the software in windows 7 pro 64bit.
            I am using the latest software for the KM780 RGB.

I tried with administrative rights as well, but was unsuccessful. I don't have .net installed. Is .net necessary for the keyboard software?

all the best.

Comment

Hi BoombasticSloth,

May we also know your motherboard and CPU models? This may help our keyboard team see if there's anything that's hardware specific that's causing this issue.

And yes, .NET 3.5 is required, since the software is currently written under the .NET framework. If you visit our website download page, there's a link for you to download the correct .NET framework version. Please check that .NET is installed and reinstall the software.

Kindly let us know if that helps. Otherwise, we're working on an update that we hope would resolve some of this issue.

Thank you.

Comment

thanks for your post admin.

My motherboard is the GA-Z97MX - Gaming 5 and the cpu is i7-4790K.

I had a feeling it was the lack of .net. Unfortunately I am not interested in installing .net on this computer. I supposed I will use my corsair K70 instead. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Understood.

For your reference, do check back in the future, for possible versions that do not require .NET. Also, without the software, you can still use mode switching, as well as recording on-the-fly macros, brightness control, and media control.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks again for your post Admin.

Frankly, I can't believe I missed the information about the requirement for .net to install the software when I downloaded the software. I thought for sure I checked if there were system requirements when I d/l the software. I guess I must have had a brain fart.

It would really be great if Gskill did come up with a software for the KM780 line, which did not require .NET.

OH that is interesting that I can use mode switching, as well as recording on the fly macros, brightness control and media controls. I was aware of the latter 2 items, but not the former 2. I will definitely have to look into it. Right now, it is on the default mode where the RGB colors goes across the keyboard like a wave. If I could figure out how to perhaps use a static red color for now, without using the software, that would be great. I bought this keyboard for the extra G1-G6 keys along the left side and the 3 M keys on left top of the keyboard. I guess, these are the macro keys? If I can figure out how to use the first 2 items you mentioned without the keyboard software, that would be great !!! I will have to do some reading in the user manual to figure it out as this is my first RGB keyboard. Thanks for the tip, admin!!!!

all the best.

Comment

Just an update: So I took Admin's advice and decided look into setting up mode switching and creating on the fly macros. I read the manual and it looked easy enough. Enable the .NET to install the keyboard software with admin privileges and then created 3 modes and then saved them on the keyboard. Then disabled the .NET and went into msconfig.exe > startup and disabled the gskill keyboard software from booting up on windows startup and rebooted. Fantastic, able to use the 3 modes from the keyboard. Outstanding !!!!!! I guess I could always uninstall the gskill keyboard software but I'll just leave it on my drive just in case I want to change one of three modes in the future.

So far I like this keyboard. I also have a Ducky, Strafe, and K70, all brown switches like on this KM780. My only comment is that I find the brightness of the KM780 led's rather dim compared to all my other mechanical keyboards that I listed. Is it a limitation with the LED's used or can the brightness be increased further with future firmware updates?

At any rate, thanks again, Admin. You rock.

Comment

Glad you have it up and running! We're not sure if the brightness can be increased through firmware changes, but we'll pass your feedback to our keyboard team to see if they can look through it when they get to an optimization phase.

Check back once in a while for updates, or if you have any questions at all!

Comment

Working...
                        X