Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Driver For Phoenix Blade

Hey all,

Been using Gskill products for many many years. Back in December I bought a Phoenix Blade which has just been amazing.

Currently I am running Windows 8.1 but have the Technical Preview of Windows 10 that I want to install to do some DX12 benchmarks. Before I install though I've downloaded all the drivers I need for the system except I can not locate a Windows 10 driver for the Phoenix Blade.

I could just try the Windows 8.1 driver as the driver system is identical or Windows 10 install may even have the driver present but I thought I'd check here first.

Is there a driver available yet?
    Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz, Asus X99 Deluxe, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2800MHz DDR4, Nvidia Titan-X SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster X7, GSkill Phoenix Blade, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, SilverStone Temjin TJ11, Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Logitech Proteus Core, Samsung U28D590 4K Display, Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Not officially, though you should be able to use the existing drivers.

Comment

Perfect.

Now another question. Is there a way to make the Gskill SSD tool boot able so that I can secure erase the Phoenix Blade or do I have to install windows on a separate drive and install to tool to do it?
      Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz, Asus X99 Deluxe, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2800MHz DDR4, Nvidia Titan-X SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster X7, GSkill Phoenix Blade, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, SilverStone Temjin TJ11, Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Logitech Proteus Core, Samsung U28D590 4K Display, Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Comment

Bump.

Anyway to make the Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD Tool bootable?

Comment

Which software do you need? For secure erase, there are some that do not require OS so you can configure them to boot up straight from POST.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Which software do you need? For secure erase, there are some that do not require OS so you can configure them to boot up straight from POST.
            Yes, Secure erase. The problem is the Pheonix Blade is the only storage device in this system. Usually with past SSD techs I could use the OCZ Tool Box ( for OCZ drives ) or Samsungs Magician Software ( for Samsung drives ). They just create a bootable Linux OS with the said software on it so you can secure erase, update FW or run diagnostics.

I currently have the Gskill tool installed on the GSkill drive but since its installed on that drive you can no erase it on its active partition. Is there a way to make the software bootable or do I need to install Windows on a separate drive and the Gskill tool to perform the secure erase?

Comment

To use the G.Skill tool you would need to install Win on a separate drive...

or you can get direct secure erase tools like Parted Magic and set it up as a bootable, USB, ISO etc.

Comment

Working...
              X