No announcement yet.

Ryzen compatibility of RipJaws V 2133 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen compatibility of RipJaws V 2133 ?

Hello,

I have the RipJaws V 2133 16GB (2x8GB) kit model F4-2133C15D-16GVR (or single stick model number F4-2133C15-8GVR) with an AMD Ryzen 1700 CPU on an ASUS Prime B350-Plus motherboard with the current latest BIOS version 0503.

While the board seems to detect the RAM and set the correct timings, I am facing some instability in Windows 10 under stress tests like Prime95 or CPU-z where it randomly hard reboots.

I've tried a whole bunch of experiments like using only 1 stick, changing the timings/voltages around etc but still face this instability.

My question is, is this or will this RAM be compatible eventually via BIOS/microcode updates and has G.Skill tested or is planning to test/validate with the AM4 platform?

Thanks!

Just some thoughts for you.

Are you sure this is only memory related? Are you also overclocking the CPU? Hard stops are common with power and temp issues, usually power related, when the CPU is overclocked with a voltage or power droop. I can overclock my 1700 to 3.8 @ 1.325 (1.27 in CPU-Z) without issue; AIDA64 1 hour. Push that to 3.9 @ 1.425 (1.35) or 1.45 (1.38) and I can still boot into window and start stress testing. After a few minutes the system screen and goes dark. The system at that point is pretty much dead requiring a reset or power off. No blue screen, just a failure. It's possible that mine also could be memory, but the fact that I can get a very stable (1 hour AIDA64) 3.8 all cores with memory at 2667 leads me to believe that it's not memory. Just being able to boot to windows and run a test for a few minutes does not guarantee stability. You need to run a very long term stress to validate; not hours, but some people do exactly that. I could run some ultimately failing overclocks for 10 minutes at 100% utilization without issue, then bang.

Good luck!

Comment

Which slots do you have them installed in?

Comment

Originally posted by mkmcgregor View Post
        Are you also overclocking the CPU?
        Thank you but no, I am not overclocking anything, settings are on auto/stock everywhere, pretty much. I now have the recent 0513 BIOS but that does not improve the situation. Waiting for further BIOS with rumoured AGESA update which I wonder if it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Which slots do you have them installed in?
          I have them installed in the "preferred" slots of A2+B2 , I've also tried both sticks in the other set A1+B1 and also single stick (both sticks one at a time) on all 4 slots, with no luck.

Comment

Note that memtest86.com program passes after few hours run and also Win10 built-in memory diag tool (similar to memtest) also passes. It's only when I'm booted into Win10 desktop and run stress tests it hard reboots. It also occasionally will reboot with normal usage like web browsing and listening to music.
            Last edited by vishalrao; 03-25-2017, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Send them in for RMA, if you would like we can exchange for Flare X to see if it can work better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                Send them in for RMA, if you would like we can exchange for Flare X to see if it can work better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
                Thank you. Yes I think I might try an RMA especially if you're kind enough to exchange for Flare X. I'll just wait for a couple of weeks to see if BIOS updates make any difference then will start RMA process.

Note that I am based in Pune, India. So not sure of the availability of Flare X and the timeframe it will take for RMA process - I will be stuck without RAM for a while I guess :-)

Comment

Just wanted to mention that with the latest current beta BIOS version 0605 for my motherboard it appears that my RAM is now stable. Been using my system for a couple of hours now with regular usage and also some stress testing and no sudden crash reboots which previously would happen more readily. So far so good and hopefully it stays this way!

Comment

Working...
                  X