Budget Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Build

Not done with cable management, as I want to move the build to a better case. I have a Dell Dimension 8200 case that I really love! I have to modify the m/b tray for mATX which should be fun and interesting. Here's the rundown:

m/b: MSI Z77MA-G45
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3350P @ 3.10Ghz
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX PC3-19200 @2400Mhz
    PS: Corsair VX550W
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti
    HD1: Intel 240GB SSDSC2CT24 (OS)
    HD2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 5900RPM SATA 6.0GB/s (Storage)

I'm really loving the build so far, other than having difficulty getting the m/b to keep the RAM at 2400mhz. Have to save up for a better cooler, I'm at 95F right now, and I wouldn't mind trying to oc the CPU. This is a huge step up from my Pentium D 3.06 and GT9800!

Wow! This thing is a Minecraft machine!!! I've got optifine using the 4 cores, and I maxed out every setting (except for farthest render distance)! Time to throw some more at it
    Just Cause 2 is maxed out. In-game benchmarks are averaging 45fps, and gameplay is awesome!
    Last edited by inop; 08-02-2013, 10:41 PM.

Originally posted by inop View Post
    I'm really loving the build so far, other than having difficulty getting the m/b to keep the RAM at 2400mhz.
    This is probably a problem of the mainboard and could be fixed via BIOS Update. If there is none available, try contacting MSI support about it.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Might be better at 2133, 2400 usually requires a CPU OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That CPU will not be capable of DDR3-2400

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Might be able to hit 2400 with an fsb overclock. That is what I have been doing with my non k i7. Best have good cooling, and be prepared to test a while for stability. Can't compare to your set though, I'm running slightly above 2000mhz atm.

Comment

Working...
          X