ga-p55a-ud4p + f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-p55a-ud4p + f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq voltage

I can't seem to get this to operate in a stable fashion at 1600 (only works well at 1333).
    Any ideas for voltages? I have 4GB in my system at the moment. I've tried cranking up the DRAM voltage to 1.6v with no lasting luck.
    System: i7 860, gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p, f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Did you set memory frequency to DDR3-1600, memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2? Should have no problems with those settings. Try testing them individually to eliminate the possibility of defective sticks.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

That's what they're set to. I've run memtest for about an hour with no hitches. I'll test them individually (still at 1.5v?) and get back with you

Comment

Yep, 1.50V should be sufficient. So although memtest clears, the system is still unstable with the new settings?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yeah..initially, it would boot and be fine until it went under load. i could get it to consistently turn off during the silly "windows experience index" system test as soon as the "testing memory speed" bit popped up (instant shutdown, no auto-restart). I upgraded the bios to F7 (from F6), and then the system didn't die during the WEI thingy, but crashed randomly a few times in a similar instant off fashion (along with a very brief (flash) BSOD once). I'll try the stick individually when i return tonight and let you know how it went.

Comment

Working...
          X