Getting the most from RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the most from RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL

I really feel as if I'm missing something here. The thing that bothers me is the benchmarks I get from MaxxMem and Passmark. I've trimmed timings and overclocked like crazy, but the numbers... I'll let you experts be the judge.

My stock timings are 11-11-11-28-39-1T and I'll run them at 1.63-1.65V depending, and generally clocked to 2200. With that I'll get these numbers from Aida64. But look at the numbers from MaxxMem and Pass --- Mark. Abysmal!

Overclocking CPU's is pretty damn simple, so few variables. With memory though... so many slider bars on the mixing board. We see those four common timing numbers listed everywhere, tossed around, but what about the others? The only way I know to get values for all those other settings in bios is to set the main ones, and reboot with those set to auto. Note values, continue. Then there's the settings in Overdrive, here's the ones I used on that sick overclock.

One last thing of note.... Found this list of timings in Aida64 (what an awesome package). I've seen the XMP profiles of course, but I'd never seen those MC0 and MC1's before. What are those all about?
    Sweet FX-8350
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    RipjawsX F3-17000CL11-4GBXL
    Custom-Cooled HD 7950
    Disabling cores is for *******

Which slots do you have the RAM installed in?

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicNixon View Post
      The thing that bothers me is the benchmarks I get from MaxxMem and Passmark.
      Aren't those somewhat in line with other scores from other AM3 setups? I only have Intel and FM1/FM2 setups and they are seem close to what my FM2 can put out.

With memory though... so many slider bars on the mixing board. We see those four common timing numbers listed everywhere, tossed around, but what about the others?
      Secondary timings do impact performance, but learning the dependencies and effectively tuning these needs time. Some boards do a good job in AUTOing these, others just relax those all the way when overclocking for maximum stability = a more pleasant user experience (at the cost of overall performance).

The only way I know to get values for all those other settings in bios is to set the main ones, and reboot with those set to auto. Note values, continue. Then there's the settings in Overdrive, here's the ones I used on that sick overclock.
      Are your sticks double sided? Then you could try to reduce tRFC by one step. That should help with overall memory performance a bit.

One last thing of note.... Found this list of timings in Aida64 (what an awesome package). I've seen the XMP profiles of course, but I'd never seen those MC0 and MC1's before. What are those all about?
      MC0 and MC1 are bogus profiles generated by a readout failure of Aida64 itself. Those pop op with all kinds of kits and can be ignored. You can check the SPD with Thaiphoon Burner (free trail available).
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X