Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your default values for Advanced Timings? When you mean you can't start Windows, does that mean it's restarting? BSOD? I need specific details to understand what is causing your issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi, I am not able to get my system stable with my RAM running at 1066, everything is perfectly fine while running at 800 Mhz, however.

These are the configurations I tried, all three failed within a few minutes in Memtest86+ v2.11

1. All the settings in the original post
      2. All the settings in the original post and the Northbridge voltage set 1.4V
      3. All the above (NB 1.4V) and row cycle time increased to 42T.

It seems from the most recent posts that I should try increasing the row cycle time without upping the Northbridge voltage. Sorry, I tested this last Thursday and just noticed the new posts.

I'll also try the other slots, let me know if you need any more information.

Anyone know how to check which motherboard BIOS version is installed?

Comment

Try using 195ns for tRFC0 for DIMM1. Try 2.0V for DRAM voltage, I tried testing this setup the other day and for some reason it was fine at 2.0V but 2.1V had issues.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

also using 2x F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB total) in my GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P mobo and phenom 2 940 BE cpu and having trouble running at 1066 speeds with the above settings. it will randomly BSOD and the memory seemed to have high temperatures, is this expected at 2.1v?

prime95 fails consistently at 1066, but ran for 2 days without error on 800 speed.
          Last edited by monderick; 08-10-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

I started over and did the settings. First started up and it says I failed to Window start up and it is trying to do a repair. It says successful, then it begins to start, but it stops with a blue screen. Then I restart the computer and it goes all the way to windows then it blue screens after 5 seconds in windows.

What do you mean advance timings? Unless you mean auto, then it would be 5-7-7-20-2-4-127-127-8-3-33-4, which is the timings.
            Last edited by Philosophre; 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I am also having the same problem, but am wondering what the cause is. I have tried to get the same RAM to work at 1066 on a ASUS M4N78 Pro and a PhenomII x2 550BE, and have had the same problem. When I talked to the guy at Asus, he said it could be the Internal Memory Controller for the CPU (which makes sense because the 550 BE is really a x4 with 2 cores locked) . Now that I am having the same problem with this board as well, I think that could be the problem, but I do not have any other CPU or RAM to swap out and see which one it is.

Comment

monderick, did you raise the NB Voltage to 1.4V for 8GB? High temperature is expected for this memory and others as well, but without an exact number I can't tell you if it's really overheating or what.

Also, what are you advanced timings such as tRFC, write recovery time, and row cycle time? These must be spot on when running 8GB. Let me know what the default values are so I can get an idea of how the motherboard is liking the memory.

Philosophre,
                try write recovery time 10 and tRFC 195 and see if that will help. Seems like there is something slightly wrong which is why you are getting BSODs. You may also want to test each memory module individually to make sure that none is defective and causing you issues.

xaos11, it is a known issue, but many are able to work around it. This is why we try to stabilize the memory controller through slightly higher frequency and voltage.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

there is no write recovery time 10. but i did do the 195 change. The change of the 195 is random, it has let me stay in windows, but it still fails prime and when i restart the computer it blue screens other times it wouldn't boot into windows with either a blue screen beforehand or auto restart. neither single stick are stable with the timings. have the sticks on either first 2 or second 2 is the same.
                  Last edited by Philosophre; 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Trying multiple configurations always ends up with the same thing: on memtest86 on test 5 it always gives me 4000-16000 errors at 21%. (or it just locks up) I noticed in another thread http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1374
                    that the guy is having the same errors with new ones, but not the originals. Could this mean that one or both of the sticks are bad? I have yet to try only one stick or on the other two slots, but that is my next step. I have a feeling that isn't going to help though...
                    Last edited by xaos11; 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I tried what you suggested, leaving Northbridge at 1.1V, setting Trfc0 to 195, only increasing DDR2 by +.2 to 2.0V, and I'm still getting errors in Memtest86+.

I also had row cycle time set to 42T. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

Philosophre and xaos11, go ahead and send those back in for an exchange.

hansamurai, increase Northbridge to 1.2V and DDR2 to 2.1V. Make sure everything else is set exactly like above, if it is not working, try the other two slots. If you have the same issues, then send those back in for an exchange as well.

If the new sets give you the same issues, it may be the motherboard.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

please take a look at my thread..

Comment

Ok, just look up the Memory Support List from Gigabyte

It says:

Note: Due to AMD AM3/AM2+ CPU limitation, memory module DDR2 1066 or above speed is only supported by 1 dimm per channel.

Well that solves that problem. I need a different motherboard with DDR3.

Comment

Originally posted by Valentinez View Post
                              Ok, just look up the Memory Support List from Gigabyte

It says:

Note: Due to AMD AM3/AM2+ CPU limitation, memory module DDR2 1066 or above speed is only supported by 1 dimm per channel.

Well that solves that problem. I need a different motherboard with DDR3.
                              Do you mind translating the note part in a way people who are illiterate could understand?

Comment

If you have an AM3 or AM2+ CPU, you can only have 2 DIMMS [or memory slots] running at 1066, per channel, which means you have to have only 2 sticks in slots 1&2, or 3&4, or 1&4.
                                If these are you memory slots
                                [Which I think who it works]

- Dual Channel

Slots ---------------1 2 3 4
                                "Channel" Config-[1][2] [1][2]

Means it will not support 4 sticks @ 1066.
                                No 8GB @ 1066
                                Only 4, and only in certain slots.

Makes it quite a headache.
                                Should have looked at the Motherboard specs more before buying, but oh well, my bad.
                                8GB @ 800mhz is ok for me right now, no big loss.
                                I'll buy a AM3 DDR3 Motherboard and some G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

That should do the trick!

Comment

Working...
                                X