Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

km570 - how to save profiles on keyboard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• km570 - how to save profiles on keyboard ?

hello,

while running the aplication I see we can create and select profiles, link programs, and save profile to device memory.

It´s ok but how can I access them on the keyboard ?
    Basically I´d just like to have a few color profiles quickly accessed with a combination of keys.
    I don´t see this anywhere on the instructions, is it not possible ?

thks in advance

Hi,

Based on your question, we're guessing that you have the KM570 RGB keyboard?

The KM570 RGB keyboard is designed to only store 1 profile at a time, and each profile can only store 1 set of lighting (whether it's per-key static or lighting effect). Unfortunately, switching between multiple lighting/color profiles on-the-fly would not be possible on the KM570 RGB keyboard. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We do thank you for your feedback, and will pass on your needs to our keyboard team, so that it may be considered in future product development.

Comment

I understand.

It´s a real shame though, on an otherwise close to perfect keyboard in my opinion.

Even if the keyboard itself does not have more than one profile on board memory, taking into account that the software does have profiles, you could just change the software to accept a macro from the keyboard to change a profile in itself on the fly?
      Almost sure this will not be a big issue for the development department right ?

thks in advance
      Last edited by ninogui; 08-22-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

That may have to depend on the design structure of how the software and keyboard interact with each other. The macro method would likely create issues in other places. However, it might be possible to do it through other means, like a special load profile instruction on a per-key basis, but it'll have limitations and such. The idea is simple, but it's often more complicated in software and implementation because it might be limited by or have unintended impacts on related functions.

Either way, I'll hand off your suggestion to the keyboard dev team, and see if they are able to make this happen.

Comment

Thks for the effort

To add in, the way I see it is
          1- probably the app must be running in the background to make up for the inability to save profiles locally
          2- app.exe or whatever dll´s involved should be changed to pass a profile name parameter something like app..exe -profile <profilename>
          3- review the ability of a macro to call the app plus the parameter and make it stick

I am sure the dev team can pull this quite easy and fast if they puts the hands (and management prioritizes) on to it !

best rgds

Comment

We've already put in the request for this feature. It would take a few days for them to review and get back to us.

The first two steps sounds easy enough, but I think step 3 is the complicated step. I'm sure our dev team would work out the minor details and kinks tho.

We'll try to give you an update when we hear back from our team. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, just an update. Looks like it's feasible, but due to a currently tight product development timeline and scheduling, this addition will be considered to be fit and scheduled into a later update. This function is something that we'd like to see as well, so we'll keep the dev team reminded about adding this in. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X