new set Trident RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new set Trident RGB

I honesty didn't know about the software issue with these Tridents RGB ram I bought a couple of days ago, until I was doing my research here on G Skill forum. Almost afraid to crack the factory seal on them, as I am thinking I should return them and buy the competitor RGB kits instead. Question, does anyone know if their is compatibility issue with gigabyte Aorus graphics engine? it's the only RGB software installed that controls the RGB lighting on my GTX1080ti, but it also controls other features of my graphics card.
    Last edited by pymui; 08-27-2017, 05:13 PM.

Hard to say if that is the source of my issues, but I have an Aorus 1070 and a Aorus MB.
    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
    Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Use one RGB software at a time and it should be fine. Make sure to end process as soon programs may still run in background after exiting.

Comment

Just go through all the pain and read through the forums and all of the issues. I would return them and get another set of ram that works. These do not work and the support we receive from Gskills is a joke. We are still on beta after how many months. Nothing from Gskills. My opinion.

Comment

Yeah, G.Skill's response is that you can either have the RGB RAM work or you can have all the rest of your RGB work, not both. And the truth is that running only the G.Skill beta software is no guarantee that the software will work for you... it is still beta software after all. If they had even basic functionality for the majority of their users they'd release non-Beta software 7 months after their product launched.

May was the last time we had a beta software release. May... Beta...

let that sink in

No solution is on the horizon. I imagine there will never be another RAM product that tries to control RGB effects the way these are controlled... because it is a flawed approach that they absolutely didn't fully understand before rushing the product to market.

I honestly can't believe they are still selling this product as software controllable RAM. They need to provide a disclaimer that there is no software to control the software controllable RGB with.
          Last edited by Gameface; 08-29-2017, 07:48 AM.
          Intel i5 7600k
          1TB Samsung 960 EVO
          Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Gameface View Post
            Yeah, G.Skill's response is that you can either have the RGB RAM work or you can have all the rest of your RGB work, not both. And the truth is that running only the G.Skill beta software is no guarantee that the software will work for you... it is still beta software after all. If they had even basic functionality for the majority of their users they'd release non-Beta software 7 months after their product launched.

May was the last time we had a beta software release. May... Beta...

let that sink in

No solution is on the horizon. I imagine there will never be another RAM product that tries to control RGB effects the way these are controlled... because it is a flawed approach that they absolutely didn't fully understand before rushing the product to market.

I honestly can't believe they are still selling this product as software controllable RAM. They need to provide a disclaimer that there is no software to control the software controllable RGB with.
            I definitely feel the pain, at least from what I've seen on the forums here. S far I've set up 8 Asus Crosshair VI Hero systems, 3 Asus Gaming Aura Z170. I did have issues early April when I decided to try Aura which was a mistake since I already had G.Skill's RGB controller software installed! This was the cause for all trouble I've seen. Since then I've only installed and used Aura -OR- G.Skill's app and haven't had any issues. As a system builder I also have since then not have any issues with customer PCs and RGB issues - EXCEPT for those that also installed G.Skill's app alongside Aura.

With Asus it has been somewhat of a hassle; I've never been a big fan of their software so I avoid all other helper apps like the plague. Same with some of the free monitoring software which have had issues in the past as well (bad interlocks when accessing SPD data). I don't even like anything that has to write to SPD for normal use as it doesn't take much to screw that up, but live and learn I guess.

No, I'm not paid, sponsored, or related to G.Skill, and I'm not a "fanboi". I've just had to opportunity to have a lot of hands-on experience with their products, both for personal use and customer builds and I will definitely continue to do so!

Comment

As someone with a Gigabyte MB I'm out of luck there. I think G.Skill needs each MB manufacturer to fix this for their MBs but doubt these other companies are motivated to do the work for G.Skill.
              Intel i5 7600k
              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

ASUS Aura software does work for motherboards that are not manufactured by ASUS

Comment

Aura works a treat on my gigabyte gaming 5 x370.

Comment

Working...
                  X