Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Get Trident Z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ Stable at XMP on MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Get Trident Z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ Stable at XMP on MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Board

To Whom It May Concern:

I cannot get my new G.Skill Trident Z Memory Kit Model F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ stable on my MSI X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard using the XMP. It boots into Windows fine with no issues but everytime I run ANY stability tests that test memory, the entire PC freezes and I have to hard reset my computer.

I've tested the memory with XMP on using PassMark MEMTEST86 loaded from USB stick at boot and it ran over 24 hours without spitting out ANY errors so I'm pretty sure my Trident Z's are not defective. Its only when I boot into Windows and do anything memory intensive that my system totally locks up and I have to reset it. I tried manually setting voltages and timings but am still running into the same exact issue.

I am using the latest official release BIOS and also I am using the latest BETA BIOS on my 2nd BIOS and am still running into the same issue.

This kit is not (yet?) certified by MSI to run on the GODLIKE Gaming board so maybe the UEFI BIOS is still a bit immature? Is there anyway GSkill could work with MSI to get this RAM memory kit stable at XMP speeds on this new motherboard?

Oh yeah... also, I am able to run the kit at 2666Mhz @ CAS 15-15-15-35-2T | 1.35v without any issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by The HITMAN; 11-23-2015, 04:12 PM. Reason: More information...

Sounds like the System Agent Voltage may need a boost. Manually set it to see if you can stabilize a higher frequency.

If possible, post some pictures of UEFI and we can confirm everything is detected correctly.

Comment

What should I set my SA Voltage to? Also what screens of the MSI UEFI Click BIOS 4 do you want to see?

Comment

CPU and memory settings, also memory timings.

Comment

Working...
        X