G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Go Back   G.SKILL TECH FORUM ? Product Discussion ? DDR4 ? Trident Z RGB

Trident Z RGB Everything about Trident Z RGB here

Old 11-26-2017, 01:27 PM

QuantumsEdge is reading into overclocking
Default Installed 1.00.28 and now my RAM can not be detected. Going back to 1.00.22 NOT fixed

As many of you know this software has been buggy and had issues from the start. After RMA my first pair I have been using 1.00.22 successfully for the most part until G.SKILL decided to release TRIDENTZ RGB software "out of beta" with 1.00.28.

I Then:
Stopped the "Lighting Service"
Ran full uninstaller
Manually deleted remaining Lighting and ASUS folders
Ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry
Rebooted
Installed 1.00.28
rebooted again.
CAN NOT DETECT RAM message upon opening application.

What am I doing wrong, 1.0.22 worked sometimes, at least detected the RAM.

UPDATE: EVEN AFTER ROLLING BACK TO 1.00.22 THE PROGRAM STILL CAN NOT DETECT MY RAM. WHAT DO I DO NOW GREAT SKILL?
Old 12-04-2017, 11:54 PM

zoglog is reading into overclocking

doesn't look great

Gskill, you really need to pull that driver from the site...

People have been reporting this since release but I just installed it today unaware of the issues and cant even revert back
Old 12-05-2017, 05:30 PM

JayKay is reading into overclocking

The only solution to this was to restore my system.

I tried everything!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:49 PM

WeAreDormin is getting the hang of things
Default Potential Fix

I've posted this in some other threads, but I think it is relevant here as well. This fixed the error where the software couldn't find my RAM. I think this solution is Windows 10 specific, because in my case it appears that this issue was actually caused by problems with Windows 10 rather than G.Skill's software.

1. Download the zipped v1.00.28 installation files from the support page (do NOT extract yet)
2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the zipped folder. Right click on the folder and open up Properties
3. In the General tab of the Properties window, the last section of the tab is the Attributes section. In here, look for a checkbox that is labeled "Unblock". If such a checkbox is not present, then unfortunately my fix won't work for you. However, if the box is there, check it then click "Apply". Once you've done that, click "Okay" to close the Properties window.
4. Proceed to extract the files from the zipped folder as you would normally, then install. When I next ran the software, it was able to detect my RAM and I was able to control the LEDs

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. As you've probably seen elsewhere, I do not recommend using other LED control software simultaneously with the G.Skill software. I personally am using a Gigabyte board with RGB Fusion, and I can simply open up task manager and force kill the application there before running the G.Skill software to control the RAM. Once I'm done, I can then use task manager to kill the "LightingService" task and then reopen RGB Fusion if I need to.
2. Unfortunately, one or two of the sticks will forget its setting when the PC powers on after a shutdown or restart. This can be easily resolved by just opening up the G.Skill software and re-applying the settings. Again, if you're using another LED control software package, you should probably kill that process as described above before attempting to reset the RAM lighting.

If anyone else tries this and it works, please confirm so that future forum-goers can hopefully see it as well.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:25 AM

MaicolVieira is reading into overclocking
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreDormin View Post
I've posted this in some other threads, but I think it is relevant here as well. This fixed the error where the software couldn't find my RAM. I think this solution is Windows 10 specific, because in my case it appears that this issue was actually caused by problems with Windows 10 rather than G.Skill's software.

1. Download the zipped v1.00.28 installation files from the support page (do NOT extract yet)
2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the zipped folder. Right click on the folder and open up Properties
3. In the General tab of the Properties window, the last section of the tab is the Attributes section. In here, look for a checkbox that is labeled "Unblock". If such a checkbox is not present, then unfortunately my fix won't work for you. However, if the box is there, check it then click "Apply". Once you've done that, click "Okay" to close the Properties window.
4. Proceed to extract the files from the zipped folder as you would normally, then install. When I next ran the software, it was able to detect my RAM and I was able to control the LEDs

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. As you've probably seen elsewhere, I do not recommend using other LED control software simultaneously with the G.Skill software. I personally am using a Gigabyte board with RGB Fusion, and I can simply open up task manager and force kill the application there before running the G.Skill software to control the RAM. Once I'm done, I can then use task manager to kill the "LightingService" task and then reopen RGB Fusion if I need to.
2. Unfortunately, one or two of the sticks will forget its setting when the PC powers on after a shutdown or restart. This can be easily resolved by just opening up the G.Skill software and re-applying the settings. Again, if you're using another LED control software package, you should probably kill that process as described above before attempting to reset the RAM lighting.

If anyone else tries this and it works, please confirm so that future forum-goers can hopefully see it as well.

Friend, I had to make an account in the forum only to thank you, because of what you said worked here, incredible that seems, always appeared that I had no memory installed, I did what you said and it worked, thank you.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Gameface is reading into overclocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreDormin View Post

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I'll give this a try.
4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
1TB Samsung 960 EVO
Win10 Home 64bit