G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Go Back   G.SKILL TECH FORUM ? Product Discussion ? Gaming Peripherals ? Gaming Keyboards

Gaming Keyboards Issue with gaming keyboard? Post a thread in here

Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 AM

Rafa is reading into overclocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.SKILL View Post
It seems like we were able to replicate your issues. It's caused by using non-English letters in the Profile or Macro names. Our team is currently looking for the direct cause in-code and for ways to resolve this issue.

To prevent incorrect macros or profile names on each reboot, please use English-only letters (numbers are also okay) for now, until we have this issue fixed.

We do apologize for this bug if it has caused any inconveniences. Thanks.
Hello, thanks for your answer! I will do that then.

Could be used spaces too? Or just letters and numbers?

For example "Nueva Pestana" would be okay?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:37 PM

I tried without spaces and without non-english characters and it seems that I still have the issue.

Maybe if the keyboard have non-english characters have the issue too? Because tecnichally, the non-english characters as "" would be passed on the software as keymapping...
Old 10-26-2017, 03:13 AM
Administrator

G.SKILL has disabled reputation

Well, the issue is that the software stores the profile names into the firmware, and it's the firmware that doesn't support the non-english letters. Our team would have to add non-english character support for the firmware.

You might have to reset or create a new profile, in order to make sure that previous names aren't in conflict, causing issues. So we'd recommend going into the software settings (wrench icon in upper right corner) and use "Reset all keyboard settings" to clear out the settings inside the keyboard.

Spaces are okay with english characters and numbers.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.SKILL View Post
Well, the issue is that the software stores the profile names into the firmware, and it's the firmware that doesn't support the non-english letters. Our team would have to add non-english character support for the firmware.

You might have to reset or create a new profile, in order to make sure that previous names aren't in conflict, causing issues. So we'd recommend going into the software settings (wrench icon in upper right corner) and use "Reset all keyboard settings" to clear out the settings inside the keyboard.

Spaces are okay with english characters and numbers.
Yes, I do that yesterday and today I have the same issue, that's why I try to figure out something new. I make a full reinstallation of the software and make that reset yesterday, and today I have the same issue. I create all names without spaces and english characters.

In any case, I will wait for the update that I hope will solve this issue. Until that I will need to continue creating the macros again I suppose...

EDIT: I will make now a test without changing any default name, to see what happens...

Last edited by Rafa; 10-26-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:04 AM

I confirm that with default names is happening too. Now, I will try with english language for the software...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:33 AM

Nothing, with english on software and default names it's happening to me too. I will wait paciently to the new update and hope it will solve the issue.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:55 AM

Kalish77 is reading into overclocking

I'm having exactly the same issue, French layout keyboard but only using standard English letters for macros and profiles, tried various reset and different drivers but always the same problems no matter what I do (changing macros..., tried with only 1 very simple macro etc...)

OS is Windows 10 on latest version
Firmware 76
Software 2.03
Old 12-06-2017, 03:24 AM

Kalish77 is reading into overclocking

is there any news concerning that bug ? are we left over ? I do not use macros anymore as they are completly unusable... I 'm tired of configuring macros again and again... already started reading review of other keyboards...