Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0), RAM compatibility

Hi,

I want to buy the G.skill DDR4 3200MHz Ram for " GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming K7 " ,from the list of supported RAMs all what I found models with quad channel kit, example " F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZ " which is a kit of 8 pieces 16GB RAM.

What if you will use the " F4-3200C14D-32GTZ " which is the same RAM but dual channel Kit.

Am I still gonna be able to use these rams?? is there any difference between the QUAD and DUAL kits??

Thanks

128GB is guaranteed to operate at the rated specs with all 128GB installed.

32GB only the 32GB kit is guaranteed. If multiple kits are used, the rated specifications are not guaranteed so in many cases they can not run at full speed, and in some cases they don't work well together in a machine. Always purchase the full kit of RAM you may need to reach optimal performance.

You can use the F4-3200C14D-32GTZ kit, but BIOS may not be ready for full DDR4-3200 yet. You may need to manually tweak some settings such as SoC Voltage.

Let us know how it goes and we can help

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.

I think I will stick to the Flare X as this one more guaranteed, the only thing about it I will only be limited with 32GB.

but again, as u can see from the table , it says I have to use " F4-3200C14Q-32GFX " but there is no such kit and the memory socket support 4 is checked, so if am not mistaken does this mean I can use the 2 dual channel Kits??

2 of F4-3200C14D-16GFX??

Attached Files

Comment

2 separate kits in the same system is not guaranteed to operate at the rated specs, so it may be better to try a 32GB matched set, or you can try 2 kits to see how they do.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-219-_-Product

Comment

No am not an overclocker, but am learning to be one
          thanks for the link, it will be great help for me

am still not done building my system , am missing the ram and graphics card.

I think finally I found the RAM am gonna use

F4-3200C14D-32GTZ

I found this from another guy using same my motherboard and processor :

" Pros: It works with the combo. I'm waiting on a better BIOS so I can get this up to speed. Not tried to OC yet and see if I can get it at the rated speed but will soon. Will be purchasing another pair soon to get to 64 Gb.

Cons: No cons. Very happy it works with this combo "

So as am confirmed that those parts will work with my system, am going for them and same as this guy, ill wait for BIOS updates to get the full speed and update to 64 GB

Also I noticed other Ryzen users confirmed that this RAM works with them, but need update BIOS get full speed, but the 1700 has some limitation

Comment

Working...
          X