RipJaw V 3200MHz and Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 won't run at 3200Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipJaw V 3200MHz and Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 won't run at 3200Mhz

I am using G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory (F4-3200C16D-32GVK) on an Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 motherboard with a Ryzen 1700X and these RAM modules just will not run at 3200Mhz. The MoBo Bios is the latest version (F7a with AGESA 1.0.0.6b) I have tried using the XMP profile with both sticks installed and using each stick on its own. The fastest I can get them to run is 2933Mhz by manually setting them in the bios which is so close to their full potential it is maddening.

Whenever the RAM is set to 3200Mhz (either manually or using the XMP profile) the system will not boot and the Error LED on the motherboard shows "F9" which is a "Memory initialization error" according to the MoBo manual.

Has anyone had any luck with this RAM set and got them working at the correct speeds? Any help in getting this RAm to run at it's rated speed would be greatly appreciated.

The motherboard may not be able to with that memory model. 2933 is consistent with what most users have been able to achieve with that combination. What is your SoC Voltage? You can try increasing it to see if it may help, but if not, 2933 with lower timings may be your best option.

Comment

SoC voltage is 1.20V as shown in CPUz. RAM is running at 15-15-15-36-51-2T 1066Mhz, fsb : DRAM 3:32

Comment

Out of interest I have now migrated these RAM to a secondary system running a Ryzen3 2200G on a MSi B450 Pro-M2 motherboard. This ram (F4-3200C16D-32GVK) will boot using the XMP profile for 3200 MHz RAM but constantly blue screens the system. This RAM will only work at 2933Mhz in this system as well. Surely there is something wrong with it??

Comment

Comment

Looks good now, what did you adjust?

Comment

It's a completely different system. Those settings in the pics cause the PC to BSOD at random times but it's guaranteed to BSOD each boot. Sometimes it's instant sometimes after 10 mins. But it BSOD always. If I turn off XMP and use the 3200MHz setting the PC just bios loops. I really think this memory kit is faulty as it won't run at 3200Mhz in any system I've tried it in.

Comment

Working...
              X