Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO BIOS POST Asus P5K PRO with GS F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

System specifications:

Model of the motherboard: Asus P5K PRO with Bios (latest version) 1303.
    Model of the memory: GS F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Model of the CPU: Q6600

Problem: NO BIOS POST

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.
    My Asus P5K Pro does not want to boot with the G.Skill f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk.
    The screen remains black, does not reach the post bios and does not issue even a beep.
    I've tried different combinations of benches and ram slot.
    No problem with 800MHz ram.

Thank you!

I did some other tests.

Result:

The stick A alone work 100% of the time even at @1066Mhz.
    When I install the other stick B (both stick installed) 99% of the time NO BIOS POST (BIOS POST one time...).
    The stick B alone work 50% of the time at 800Mhz... NO BIOS POST at @1066.

I think I need RMA...

Waiting for some hint...

Tnx and Happy New Years!

Comment

No one can help...?

Comment

Hi

Make sure that you install the memory with black DIMM slots, update latest version of motherboard BIOS then see if this can help. The chipset of your board is supports up to 800MHz, it's a bit hard to OC over it, here is the memory SPEC description:

4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1066*/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
        Dual Channel memory architecture
        *The chipset officially supports the memory frequency up to DDR2 800MHz. Tuned by ASUS Super Memspeed Technology, this motherboard natively supports up to DDR2 1066MHz
        Please refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL.
        **When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

So, try the latest BIOS and see if this can help, we will recommend 800MHz memory kit if it's not helped.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
          Hi

Make sure that you install the memory with black DIMM slots, update latest version of motherboard BIOS then see if this can help. The chipset of your board is supports up to 800MHz, it's a bit hard to OC over it, here is the memory SPEC description:

4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1066*/800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
          Dual Channel memory architecture
          *The chipset officially supports the memory frequency up to DDR2 800MHz. Tuned by ASUS Super Memspeed Technology, this motherboard natively supports up to DDR2 1066MHz
          Please refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL.
          **When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

So, try the latest BIOS and see if this can help, we will recommend 800MHz memory kit if it's not helped.
          As written in the first post i've the latest bios version... Asus P5k Pro and G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK seems to work well together in this thread...

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=9771

Comment

With only one stick of RAM (the good one), there is no problems, w7 is working, RAM run at @1066Mhz at 5-5-5-15 and passed MEMTEST86 3 time (no error).
            With the other stick (the bad one), switched with the good one (installed on the same slot of the good one), the pc never reach the BIOS POST 50% of the times.

One stick of Ram is faulty...

I can send in RMA just the bad stick or need to send the entire set?

Comment

interesting ... you can check out my thread here http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13248

all the modules worked for me, but as soon as I put in more than 2 I had the same symptoms as you. Support was not able to help me either.

Of course the parameters are a bit different as I have a P5Q-WS and 4*2 GB works or 2*4 GB but not 4*4 GB.

Either way, good luck with solving it!

Comment

Drachen

It is best to send the entire kit so we can send you a matching set back.

Comment

Thanks for the support!

Received the new kit!
                  Very fast assistance.
                  King regards!

Comment

Working...
                  X