Non k skylake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non k skylake?

Anyone here laid hands on a non k skylake CPU? I know the bclk is not locked on them was wondering if a lil overclocking fun could be had with them since the pci is no longer strapped. Just curious how much of a gain is possible (how good are Intel's bins) and ocing an i3 could make it pretty mean in anything with only 2 threads for gaming on a budget

PS:hello all long time no see. Kinda been busy at work and out of the computer builds for a while.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

The official statements from the big MB makers say BCLK is only fully adjustable for unlocked processors. That does not necessarily mean, you can't overclock locked processors at all though... So maybe check XS, HWBOT or some of the bigger OC communities for feedback on that.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I have looked about everywhere I know where to look and havent found an answer thought maybe someone here might have actually laid hands on one
      ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Working...
      X