Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL and GA-EP35C-DS3R

Hello,

I am currently using 4GB DDR3 using F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK.

After reading various posts on tomshardware here, and overclockers here and elsewhere (even this forum but I can't find the thread now), I have realized that my motherboard can read up to 8GB DDR3 memory and so I bought these chips F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL.
    The motherboard is listed as supporting upto 4GB ddr3 from the manufacturer, but it is proven it can read 8GB ddr3 from various other people who tried it.

My pc does not post at all when I install the new ones (8GB ddr3). It doesn't go to bios, it doesn't show me anything (black screen, no beep), and then it just restarts itself after 6-7 seconds. This creates an infinite loop of restarts.

I have tested each ram chip by itself on each ddr3 slot, and still no post, no beep and just black screen and then restart.

Any help would be appreciated. My bios settings with the 4GB ddr3 are set to auto, no overclocks. Their default timings are 8-8-8-21. My bios has the latest version F4

Please let me know if I can try anything else or if I can RMA these for some other model you offer that might be compatible.

Thank you

My setup:
    PSU: OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX12V
    Motherboard: GA-EP35C-DS3R rev 2.1 BIOS version F4(latest)
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK (trying to jump to 8GB DDR3 F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL)
    Graphics Card: eVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked 2GB ram
    Drives:
    Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500GB
    Raid0 drives 500GB
    Single drive 3TB (backup data)

If others have tried and 4GB stick can work, you can try F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT or F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

I doubt it will work, but maybe you can surprise me.

Comment

I do not own the ram you are mentioning. Can I RMA my current one (F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL) and ask for the one you have mentioned? (F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT).
      Also, what's their difference? The cooling plates around them?

Comment

Contact the RMA dept. to set up an exchange.

rma@gskillusa.com

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

The main difference is the RAM you have is single sided, the suggested kit is double.
        Older motherboards can only accept double.

Comment

Kind of late, but I just got my replacement after I requested an RMA.
          It seems G.Skill sent me the exact same module, but this time its production date says December 2015, where my previous one said May 2015. It also looks like it's double sided as you have suggested.
          The replacement works, and now I am one happy customer with 8GB of ram.

Thank you for your response, and suggestion and definitely G.Skill is my choice of memory modules.

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear everything is working properly.

Comment

Working...
            X